would I Rogers penalize me if I unlock my phone without their knowledge ?

Would the phone become vunerable to hacking if it is unlock ?
    11-02-10 01:55 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason to "unlock" a phone is so you can have a carrier specific phone on another network. I believe what your referring to is "jailbreaking" an iphone, as were you can install third party apps without having to go through the hoops of itunes.

If you bought your phone from rogers and plan to use it on a rogers, then there is no need to unlock it.
    11-02-10 01:59 PM
    No they can't and no it wouldn't
    11-02-10 02:01 PM
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the only reason to "unlock" a phone is so you can have a carrier specific phone on another network. I believe what your referring to is "jailbreaking" an iphone, as were you can install third party apps without having to go through the hoops of itunes.

If you bought your phone from rogers and plan to use it on a rogers, then there is no need to unlock it.

You are right, the only reason to unlock a phone is for the ability to use it with another carrier. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense
    11-02-10 02:02 PM
    I unlock all my phones and just sent Rogers back a torch unlocked. Never heard a thing about it and never will.

Dont worry about.. if you travel its the best 2 bucks you will ever spend. LOL
    11-02-10 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD