I've never been a Cincinnati Bell Wireless Customer because I have seen what horrible service they provide. Ridiculous plans paying so much more than you'll ever receive. Either way, not my problem because I wasn't stupid enough to use their service.

Recently however a friend of mine (who IS a cincinnati bell customer) upgraded and gave me her blackberry pearl 8120. A major upgrade to the simple phone I had been content with up until now. Before you take down my carrier... just let me make things clear. I'm a t-mo girl and I out of pure luck (and am well aware of that) have never had an issue with them. At this point I've been with them so long it would more hassle than worth to switch. I degress...

Cincinnati Bell refuses to unlock this phone. Many of you have said you've had similar conversations. Well I've spoken to every CSR from Dubai to Cincinnati and they won't budge. It's the same ignorant rhetoric every time.

As angry as this makes me, you companies out there offering to sell me a code are no better. If I could afford to buy a code I would have had a nice phone years ago. I am young but disabled and live on a fixed income. And yes I will pull that card because even if I wasn't this recession has no jobs for those in my field. So I'd like to be able to read my emails while riding around on the horrible public transit Cincinnati also provides to us poor unfortunate souls. I mean really, how unreasonable of me.

If there is anyone who'd like to use my food stamps in trade for a code, we have a deal. You code unlocker's are well aware of the raping you do. Any other carrier would provide the code. I've seen you all admit it.

So **** you Cincinnati Bell Wireless and **** you Code Unlockers INC.
    03-15-10 04:44 PM
    k... well im sure your friend didn't pay $500 for the phone. If this is true, which im sure it is, your friend foolishly agreed to a subsidized plan. This allows them to lock the phone. Sucks but its surely not cinci bells fault, i wouldn't want to pay 500+ dollars for a non-subsidized unlocked phone.

We all should learn a lesson here, READ YOUR SERVICE AGREEMENT.
    03-15-10 05:05 PM
    Maybe it's me, but... Instead of bashing the unlockers you could watch for the giveaways they frequently offer.

Just a thought.
    03-15-10 05:36 PM
    There are a few of us unlockers who help people out that need it...but they have a slightly different approach than you...

It might just be me, but talking about how we're raping you at a cost of $10 per code is a slightly ridiculous claim. I, nor any other unlocker would expect you to even beg for a code...but even asking nicely might do it at times... heck even try asking period!

I'm not sure if I should be speaking on behalf of all of us unlockers that are 'raping' you with our $10 (or less) codes, but I'm atleast speaking on behalf of myself when I say **** you too!

Firstly, I'm running a business here not a charity. I too am on a fixed income and have taken it upon myself to supplement my income by offering unlock codes at a FAIR price after I have invested thousands into unlocking tools, website development, employee salaries and advertising.
    After all of these costs, we still offer free codes to certain customers that seem to be in tight situations. Surprisingly, many of them are so pleased that they will either advertise for us or help us in another way (I have one customer doing some digital artwork for me right now). But we don't usually even ask them to do anything for us...they offer

Secondly, I'm not sure where you get off complaining about the network lock on a free phone that is a "major upgrade" to your old phone?!

Anyways..I assume this won't change your outlook, but will more than anything infuriate you (which it is NOT meant to do), but it is what it is.

Goodluck unlocking your phone...
    03-15-10 08:30 PM
    I've never been a Cincinnati Bell Wireless Customer because I have seen what horrible service they provide. Ridiculous plans paying so much more than you'll ever receive. Either way, not my problem because I wasn't stupid enough to use their service.

Recently however a friend of mine (who IS a cincinnati bell customer) upgraded and gave me her blackberry pearl 8120. A major upgrade to the simple phone I had been content with up until now. Before you take down my carrier... just let me make things clear. I'm a t-mo girl and I out of pure luck (and am well aware of that) have never had an issue with them. At this point I've been with them so long it would more hassle than worth to switch. I degress...

Cincinnati Bell refuses to unlock this phone. Many of you have said you've had similar conversations. Well I've spoken to every CSR from Dubai to Cincinnati and they won't budge. It's the same ignorant rhetoric every time.

As angry as this makes me, you companies out there offering to sell me a code are no better. If I could afford to buy a code I would have had a nice phone years ago. I am young but disabled and live on a fixed income. And yes I will pull that card because even if I wasn't this recession has no jobs for those in my field. So I'd like to be able to read my emails while riding around on the horrible public transit Cincinnati also provides to us poor unfortunate souls. I mean really, how unreasonable of me.

If there is anyone who'd like to use my food stamps in trade for a code, we have a deal. You code unlocker's are well aware of the raping you do. Any other carrier would provide the code. I've seen you all admit it.

So **** you Cincinnati Bell Wireless and **** you Code Unlockers INC.
    Ok you really sound pissed and that's not right or healthy. As remoteunlocker mentioned, we all run a business with expenses, we are not raping anyone but more helping people in the same situation as yourself.

Take a good breath and check your PM

We'll gladly help you unlock your Blackberry. PM sent.
    03-15-10 09:33 PM
    I would have been more obliged to help if you didn't come lashing out at us like that. So as the saying goes treat others as you would like to be treated.
    03-15-10 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD