hello, i,m newbie for bb bold 9700. i have a problem. in my country they have two carier ( ex:A and B ). but not big carrier like at-t or t mobile . i have read instruction to check my bb in unlock or locked. like option, advance option and sim card option , all are disable ( network, servis provider) and based on the forum my bb is in unlock.
    but my problem are, i can,t change other carier like b. the sim isn,t detected by bold 9700. my question is, can local country carier lock sim just for their carier. altough the bb ipwas unlock? and how to unlock for local carier like in my contry. ( from indonesia, carier is telkomsel, and locked by telkomsel)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-11 08:25 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f157/ho...2-code-362094/

Talk to these guys they can help you out.
    02-17-11 08:33 AM
    hello, i,m newbie for bb bold 9700. i have a problem. in my country they have two carier ( ex:A and B ). but not big carrier like at-t or t mobile . i have read instruction to check my bb in unlock or locked. like option, advance option and sim card option , all are disable ( network, servis provider) and based on the forum my bb is in unlock.
    but my problem are, i can,t change other carier like b. the sim isn,t detected by bold 9700. my question is, can local country carier lock sim just for their carier. altough the bb ipwas unlock? and how to unlock for local carier like in my contry. ( from indonesia, carier is telkomsel, and locked by telkomsel)

Welcome to crackberry..

First where did you get your bb? From itc/mangga dua? Or from telkomsel? Which carrier sim are you trying to go with now? If your phone was from telkomsel and you're trying to put another carrier sim.. It is highly likely that your phone has been locked by telkomsel.. And needs to be unlocked first...

Translation for OP

Selamat datang ke crackberry.. Pertama2 itu blackberry dapatnya dari mana? Dari itc/mangga dua atau langsung dari telkomsel? Emangnya skrg mau ganti dengan provider yg mana? Umpama bb elu dapatnya langsung dari telkomsel trus skrg mau ganti ke provider lain... Kemungkinan besar bb elu masih "locked" ke network telkomsel aja dan perlu di unlocked dulu

02-17-11 12:38 PM
    from telkomsel. in the sim card screen when i taping mepd all network and servis provider are disable that mean its has unlock, but when i tap mep 2 nothing happen neither mep 4. i have unlock code for my bold 9700. do you now how to unlock telkomsel carier. is there any sofware. i don,t like to upgrade or restore my bb , cause this is my first experience for my bb. if you want to share , i really thanksfull

02-17-11 05:52 PM
    try another sim, your bb is unlocked and no the carrier cant "lock" a sim for it to not work on an unlocked cellphone
    02-17-11 09:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD