So, I know there are a lot of you guys here offering to unlock phones, I'm sure 99.9% of your are completely legitimate and I don't mean this as any kind insult to any of you, but I kind of prefer to do it through an actual business so if something does happen, at least I have something to pursue and not just a name on a forum. I'm just a little paranoid about giving out an IMEI to someone I don't know unless they're a business that has been doing unlocking for a while.

Anyway, I got a quote from Quick Phone Unlock and it is like $33, ouch. Anyone know of a place that would do it cheaper? Remember that rates vary by provider and phone, so please try to keep in mind Z10 for AT&T. :-)

Thanks!!
    05-25-14 12:40 AM
    Tell AT&T you are leaving the country on a trip and need it unlocked for the trip...They may just unlock it for you.
    So, I know there are a lot of you guys here offering to unlock phones, I'm sure 99.9% of your are completely legitimate and I don't mean this as any kind insult to any of you, but I kind of prefer to do it through an actual business so if something does happen, at least I have something to pursue and not just a name on a forum. I'm just a little paranoid about giving out an IMEI to someone I don't know unless they're a business that has been doing unlocking for a while.

Anyway, I got a quote from Quick Phone Unlock and it is like $33, ouch. Anyone know of a place that would do it cheaper? Remember that rates vary by provider and phone, so please try to keep in mind Z10 for AT&T. :-)

Thanks!!
    05-25-14 02:34 AM
    Tell AT&T you are leaving the country on a trip and need it unlocked for the trip...They may just unlock it for you.
    I think they make you go on a site now and enter device info. If you are still under a contract then they tell you that its not eligible. And they will most likely tell you that they don't take over the phone unlocking requests anymore.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 02:44 AM
    That's what I did before, but the thing is, this phone isn't mine from a contract, I bought it recently from the CB marketplace here and need it on the T-Mobile network for my mom. My phone from AT&T is the Q10. :-)
    05-25-14 05:01 AM