07-24-10 08:01 PM
32 12
tools
    Yeah from what I've been reading uniquephones seem like the best choice. Thanks everyone for all the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 10:02 AM
    Hey i just ordered a Blackberry Storm off ebay and i was wondering if anyone knew where the cheapest and most reliable place to get an unlock code is.

Thanks for any info that comes
    How long have you been with VZN as a customer?
    Is your account in good standing?
    Has your account been active for more than a year?

If yes to all:
    Contact "Global Support"

They will unlock the phone for FREE.
    01-23-10 05:28 AM
    I may sound like a complete newbie here but guys
    what is the different between an unlock Storm and a regular Telus storm?
    01-23-10 08:21 AM
    Nothing like dredging up an old thread....Unlocking your phone allows you to use a GSM sim from a different provider. Usually used if you are going overseas or out of your home country. For Telus phones, we can use a Rodgers or Fido sim or in the US I think AT+T and a couple others have sims as well on pay as you go accounts.

There is no physical difference to a locked or unlocked phone, it does make it easier to sell if youre looking to get rid of it, bit unless youre traveling, not really worth it. Then again I got mine unlocked by the company in my sig file below, and havent taken much advantage of it, so to each their own. It is nice to have the freedom to do something different anyway.

Who knows, <dream> I may be in the situation some day where my friend with a Rodgers phone has a dead battery and I may have a good battery but unable to get a signal on the Telus Network and we have an emergency. I could put my friends sim into my unlocked Storm and save the world!!!!!!! </end dream>
    >
    Last edited by Falling; 01-23-10 at 09:54 AM. Reason: Fix the darn typos
    01-23-10 09:51 AM
    I may sound like a complete newbie here but guys
    what is the different between an unlock Storm and a regular Telus storm?
    Basically unlocked will let you use it with any GSM Provider worldwide that operate on GSM frequencies that phone is compatible with.

Example some people love the Storm, but Rogers/Fido doesn't sell it, so they get it from Telus/Bell, unlock it and then use it with Rogers/Fido.

Also if you travel, instead of roaming, you can purchase a local sim card and use it with your Blackberry.
    01-23-10 10:02 AM
    I unlocked my Verizon Storm a year ago for traveling. Got the code from Verizon, no questions asked. Now, I am in China, installed a new SIM card, and I am being asked for my MEP code again. Any advice on this? I did not write down my unlock code as I thought it was a one-time operation. Thanks.

Once the device is unloacked it's always unlocked. Up or downgrading the OS has nothing to do with being locked ot not. Again, I suggest Horizon Wireless Online. Quick, professional, reliable.

Yes, all model Storms can be unlocked to work on GSM networks.
    07-24-10 07:51 PM
    I unlocked my Verizon Storm a year ago for traveling. Got the code from Verizon, no questions asked. Now, I am in China, installed a new SIM card, and I am being asked for my MEP code again. Any advice on this? I did not write down my unlock code as I thought it was a one-time operation. Thanks.
    We can help you unlock it. Send us an email.
    07-24-10 08:01 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD