I Just bought a new Cellular One locked pearl from eBay and was searching the net to try to unlock it.

But i'm only finding sites that unlock T-Mobile or AT&T Pearls and what ever sites I found that sell unlock codes for Pearls with "Other Providers" charge upwards of $50, some even close to $100.

And most sites have a long turn around time, I need this phone unlocked cheap and fast, can anyone help me out on this one?

Looking at the box, I just noticed the model number is RIM8100c, I don't know what that means, I googled it and it was telling me that means its AT&T branded, But my phone isn't Branded at all. When it boots up it only has a Blackberry Logo, no provider logo is present at all anywhere on the phone, but its not unlocked b/c my friends T-Mobile card doesn't read on it.
    Last edited by VitaliyIsikov; 08-21-07 at 12:33 PM.
    08-21-07 12:15 PM
    If you go into Options-Advanced-SIM and type meppd, you'll see the lock menu. If its locked, it'll show it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-07 09:37 PM
    When following the instructions above, it should say "inactive" or "disabled" next to "network." If it says "network" "active" then the phone is locked.

Try GSMPhoneSource.com
    08-24-07 01:59 AM
    Yea. I did that and its says its active. I know the phone is locked. I'm just having trouble finding a place that says that they can unlock a cellular one pearl. All the unlocking sites i've been to say that they can only unlock T-Mobile Pearls or AT&T Pearls... Then some sites say "other providers" and give a drop down menu with a whole load of providers like "Fido" "Vodafone" Etc... But no cellular one. Thats my problem. I don't want to risk paying 50 bux to get an unlock code that won't work on my phone.
    08-24-07 01:11 PM
    Contact Cellular One and see if they provide service for the 8100c. If not then it might be an AT&T phone and the seller misslead you. This would simplify your proublem (if it were an AT&T), wouldn't it?
    08-30-07 08:19 PM
    If it were an AT&T phone it would say AT&T or Cingular on the splash screen during boot.
    08-31-07 01:20 AM
    I am having the same problem! I bought a phone that was "unlocked/ unbranded" and when I recieved it, it was locked... I am assuming that it is locked to Cellular One because the seller uses that provider.

I am unfamiliar with unlocked phones and the last time that I had to deal with one it was an unpleasant experience. I wanted to give them one more chance but I think I am going to stay away from them all together.

I am currently looking to get this phone unlocked and if I find something cheaper I will post here... please do the same. In the meantime we should both try to get our money back!
    09-01-07 08:19 AM
    I know that if you can find someone that is a cellone customer that has a BB and their contract is up that person can request an unlock code for free
    10-03-07 09:00 AM
    i need help unlocking my cellone BB pearl, from cellone, to att, im past the sim card part, and have ten attempts to put the right code in,

any help or suggestions will be awesome.
    here is the imei of that helps
    imei # 354879016495201
    if there is anyone that can help Thank you
    04-07-09 12:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD