Can anyone help me with either a link to a thread on how to unlock an 8330 Sprint for use on verizon network? I have found this thread, but i need #5 as nothing is there to download and then once i uninstall all bb spoftware nothing shows up on device manager under ports for RIM. Anyone with info on how to do sprint to verizon would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks

CrackBerry User
    Device Model: 8330 Curve Invented by John McCain
    Carrier: Sprint/Nextel

This is what you need to do:

1. obtain your MSL code
    2. Make sure verizon want to activate unknown ESN (sprint ESN) in their network
    3. Google for a software call qpst, install it in your PC
    4. Uninstall Desktop Manager, and all blackberry software from your PC
    5. download this Custom Action Information
    6. Restart your computer, then go to your Device Manager, and check under Ports (COM & LPT) there should be 2 serial Port for RIM (e.g: COM3 and COM4), now you need to remember the highest number COM port for your blackberry.
    7. Turn off your wireless connection on BB, connect it to your PC via USB, then run Sprint Mobile Broadband
    8. Run QPST Configuration, click on Ports tab and add new port (add your blackberry port, the highest number port)
    9. Then click Start Clients - Service Programming - Select your phone, for phone model select SURF6300-BB
    10. Enter your MSL code, click on Read from Phone
    11. Download verizon prl from here Corolada PRL Page then save it to your computer
    12. back in qpst, click on Roam tab, under preferred roaming, load verizon prl
    13. click on settings tab, change service programming to 000000 (6 zeros)
    14. click write to phone
    15. phone will reboot.
    16 disconnect phone, and call *228 to activate your phone in verizon network
    05-01-09 12:27 PM
    Might want to check with VZW first. If the ESN is not assigned to VZW, they may not let you activate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-01-09 12:36 PM
    I have searched the forums and i found several instences of CMDA network transfers, so anyone with any guidance would be greatly apprecaited.
    05-01-09 01:23 PM
    yeah, theres nothing you can really do if verizon doesnt want to flash the phone for you(which they probably wont do).
    05-01-09 01:25 PM
    Might want to check with VZW first. If the ESN is not assigned to VZW, they may not let you activate it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Save yourself a lot of time by doing as lastraid suggested, check with Verizon if the ESN can be activated first. If the ESN isn't in their database, it will be very difficult to get it activated, even if you are successful in reprogramming it.
    05-01-09 02:52 PM
    Can anyone help me with either a link to a thread on how to unlock an 8330 Sprint for use on verizon network? I have found this thread, but i need #5 as nothing is there to download and then once i uninstall all bb spoftware nothing shows up on device manager under ports for RIM. Anyone with info on how to do sprint to verizon would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks

CrackBerry User

1. obtain your MSL code
    6. Restart your computer, then go to your Device Manager, and check under Ports (COM & LPT) there should be 2 serial Port for RIM (e.g: COM3 and COM4), now you need to remember the highest number COM port for your blackberry.
    7. Turn off your wireless connection on BB, connect it to your PC via USB, then run Sprint Mobile Broadband
    8. Run QPST Configuration, click on Ports tab and add new port (add your blackberry port, the highest number port)
    9. Then click Start Clients - Service Programming - Select your phone, for phone model select SURF6300-BB
    11. Download verizon prl from here Corolada PRL Page then save it to your computer
    14. click write to phone
    15. phone will reboot.
    So did you do step #2 yet?

Using QPST to write the PRL and change the SPC is a very very very bad idea. Their are much better apps that will do this. And #5 is most likely a Trojan or Virus as QPST works just fine with DM installed.
    05-01-09 05:43 PM
    You can probably skip step 5, just keep DM on your computer and use it instead of the software from step 5, QPST has always worked with DM for me. As for activating on Verizon, I don't think they have the lockout policy that sprint has, I know many of the smaller CDMA carriers like Cricket, Appalachian, etc. will activate outside ESNs, Sprint will not, under ANY circumstances, you should definately check with Verizon first, to see if they'll activate an out of system ESN.
    05-03-09 02:16 AM
    Step 2 is the main step that you need to get passed.
    05-03-09 05:16 AM
    so i was wondering if anyone new how to flash the bb 8330 over to metro my brother gave the phone to me and iv had nothing but runaround to switch it over to find out they cant do it does anyone have the solution for me? Please your help would be strongly appreciated... Thank you.
    07-14-09 11:43 AM
    If your carrier won't activate the phone then there is nothing you can do. You can threaten to cancel your account and go with another carrier.

If you do this check to see if the new carrier will activate the phone first?
    07-14-09 12:06 PM
    Please help!
    1-Can you unlock a CDMA verizon BB 8330 to switch it over to metro so I can have it fully functioning it there?
    2-What is the difference between flashing it and unlocking it?
    3-Do I need to have both processes done to connect my phone to Metro?

Please let me know your wisdom in this....Thank you!
    Last edited by Christs_best_friend; 07-18-09 at 09:51 PM.
    07-18-09 09:49 PM
    so i was wondering if anyone new how to flash the bb 8330 over to metro my brother gave the phone to me and iv had nothing but runaround to switch it over to find out they cant do it does anyone have the solution for me? Please your help would be strongly appreciated... Thank you.
    Call Metro and ask them to tell you where is the nearest corporate metro store to you and they will be able to flash your phone for $40. But you will only be able to use your BB as a regular phone. For the rest of the services a blackberry phone has, I was told you won't be able to use them...That is why I am trying to find out if by unlocking it I can use my BB with all the functions working properly...

Be Blessed!
    07-18-09 09:58 PM
    I'm new but i had to chime in with something i learned from dealing with cricket.. If a phone is compatable with thier network and you can load the prl and ect. yourself they are LEGALLY made to allow you to activate it by FCC regulations. I had to speak with the district manager for cricket corporate here to get my 8330 on cricket but i got it and everything except the BIS and email push works fine. MMS and internet included.

So next time any of you have a problem with getting a non network phone onto your account just reference them to FCC regulations on Phone compatibility.
    01-24-10 04:13 AM

CrackBerry User

1. obtain your MSL code
    14. click write to phone
    15. phone will reboot.
    You mean flash it to Sprint. You CANNOT unlock a cdma device. If you can successfully flash it good luck trying to get Verizon to activate the device on their network.
    01-24-10 11:35 AM
    can any one help me how to set up the internet and the mms on cricket blackberry phone 8330 step by step , i've already partial flashed, and i ve tried set the internet and didnt work , please can any one help ............many thanks
    01-26-10 07:19 PM
    You need to add the correct service books, and have the correct settings in the programming menu.

Remember there is also a company called Page Plus where you can use CDMA Blackberrys!
    01-26-10 11:19 PM
    can any one help me how to set up the internet and the mms on cricket blackberry phone 8330 step by step , i've already partial flashed, and i ve tried set the internet and didnt work , please can any one help ............many thanks
    Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan?
    01-27-10 03:48 AM
    unfortunately i dont have any blackberry data plan , all i got is cricket mobile plan with internet. , what is the blackberry data plan ? doss it have any thing to do with flashing to cricket.

thanks for reply
    01-28-10 11:12 AM
    Can you help with flashing from verizon 8330 to cricket?
    02-09-10 01:10 AM
    unfortunately i dont have any blackberry data plan , all i got is cricket mobile plan with internet. , what is the blackberry data plan ? doss it have any thing to do with flashing to cricket.

thanks for reply
    It helps to get email set up on your phone. Not all Blackberrys can be successfully flashed fully to Cricket.
    02-09-10 12:25 PM
    Can you help with flashing from verizon 8330 to cricket?
    Best would be to look on Craigslist in your are for someone who does it.
    02-09-10 01:40 PM
    hi
    i have 1 8330bb telus in india i want to use it on reliance anybody hlp
    07-09-10 05:52 AM
    If it another CDMA carrier then you need to get it flashed.
    07-10-10 10:58 AM
    hi
    i have 1 8330bb telus in india i want to use it on reliance anybody hlp
    Do you have a SIM with Reliance? or CDMA only?
    07-11-10 11:54 PM
    The truth of the matter is Verizon WILL NOT do it. Even if you threaten to leave their service. I haven't had a contract with them for years as I haven't upgraded my phone. They will not accept even an unlocked and reprogrammed phone, I asked, went tech speak on the tech service guy.

Don't waste another minute searching for a way, call Verizon and ask your question.

CDMA is a more secure network than the GSM, however, it is a proprietary PITA.

I have a Virgin Mobile Blackberry b/c the data fees are cheaper than Verizon. However, I'm tired of carrying around two phones. I paid full retail for the BB, so I don't really want to "buy" another and enter into a contract with Verizon.

I stay with VZW for mobile to mobile free minutes with family and friends... I'm disgruntled b/c they haven't upgraded their BB option in YEARS!!! And price wise, well None of the big 3 are a great deal...
    12-23-10 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD