I know this subject has been beaten to death after searching many threads.

I need to know if I have other options. VZ wont unlock it for me because my account was temporarily suspended for payment within the last 60 days.

Im tired of being jacked every month with they're crazy rates. Need to switch carrier Asap.

I have the sim card which is required for the unlock.

MY question is can I do it without using they're global support?
    01-21-10 05:02 PM
    You cannot use the 8830 on a North American GSM carrier. It supports the frequencies used by European GSM carriers, but not those used by AT&T and T-Mobile here in the USA.

Getting it unlocked will only be useful if you plan to travel overseas.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-10 05:14 PM

I need to know if I have other options. VZ wont unlock it for me because my account was temporarily suspended for payment within the last 60 days.

Im tired of being jacked every month with they're crazy rates. Need to switch carrier Asap.

You will need to buy the unlock code form a 3rd party unlocker like us in order to unlock it, but you need to know that the 8830 even once unlocked will only work overseas.

You will not be able to use it in North America with GSM carriers because the phone is not compatible with the frequencies used. There is no way around it.
    01-21-10 05:31 PM
    Thanks guys for the input.

I was not aware it would not work unlocked with other US carriers. I do travel overseas very often and will require its use at some point.

3rd party means needs to be sent to you?

I will get this done and yes I am still switching current carrier even though its going to cost me canceling my contract.

Can I get the unlock code myself somehow?
    01-21-10 05:43 PM
    Thanks guys for the input.

I was not aware it would not work unlocked with other US carriers. I do travel overseas very often and will require its use at some point.

3rd party means needs to be sent to you?

I will get this done and yes I am still switching current carrier even though its going to cost me canceling my contract.

Can I get the unlock code myself somehow?
    You don't need to send us the phone. That's the beauty of Remote Unlocking. You simply need to give the IMEI when making your purchase and we will email you the unlock code.

On the 8830, if you notice in Options/Status the imei always ends with a "0", the last digit is wrong. That's why if you order from us, we'll send you a program to run on your PC and Phone and you'll be able to retrieve the correct last digit and we will be able to generate the correct unlock code for your Blackberry.
    01-21-10 05:52 PM

For free no, but if you plan on using it in the states it won't work anyway because of the frequency bands supported.
    01-21-10 06:56 PM
    Just like they said, whether you unlock it or not, it won't allow you to use it on other carriers in the US
    01-21-10 10:06 PM
    A lot of customers ask us to unlock their 8830 and then are disappointed to know that it won't work in North America with GSM carriers.
    01-21-10 10:45 PM
    As everyone else said. I think there needs to be a sticky in this Blackberry Unlocking forum dealing with GSM radios. We get requests for 8830s all the time, but before we even unlock the phone, we tell the user that they will not be able to use it on the North American GSM radios and 80% of them cancel.
    01-22-10 12:53 AM
    Same here, we always inform them before.
    01-22-10 12:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD