Hi guys just wanted to give a massive shout out to Carnag3 he unlocked my blackberry bold (UK VODA) in less than 5 minutes this is such a good service and reasonably priced thanks again Carnag3.
    05-21-09 03:08 PM
    Congrats! But mine was free from Vf itself...
    05-21-09 04:28 PM
    i guess i'll be like everyone else and say how much of an ***** you are for paying to have your phone unlocked. i used his service and am very happy. no hassles no dealing with the phone company. im glad your transaction went just as good as mine. to everyone else quit being a cheap *** support carnag3. i know alot of you use themes for free and dont donate.
    05-21-09 04:42 PM
    i guess i'll be like everyone else and say how much of an ***** you are for paying to have your phone unlocked. i used his service and am very happy. no hassles no dealing with the phone company. im glad your transaction went just as good as mine. to everyone else quit being a cheap *** support carnag3. i know alot of you use themes for free and dont donate.
    some of us are smart and willing to put up with csr's to avoid useless costs of unlocking phones.
    05-21-09 06:06 PM
    or just painfully cheap. i mean how much money do you waste on other things. why is it so bad to spend money to help out someone whos just trying to do a small service for fellow blackberry users. dont you feel robbed when people dont donate to your theme even though you put time and effort into. dont you think somebody could at least give you like 3 dollars for your time and your gift that your giving to the community. everyones looking to save a buck i understand that. but come on people, how many of you spend 5 dollars or more a week on cigarettes. put it into perspective. there is alot worse things you can spend your money on than this.
    05-21-09 06:29 PM
    I got my Bold unlocked in 5 minutes after making a phone call to 191. Simply asked them to give me the Network Unlock Code and they promptly emailed it to me along with an instruction and a link to YouTube video! Absolutely free of charge. I was rather impressed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 06:43 PM
    or just painfully cheap. i mean how much money do you waste on other things. why is it so bad to spend money to help out someone whos just trying to do a small service for fellow blackberry users. dont you feel robbed when people dont donate to your theme even though you put time and effort into. dont you think somebody could at least give you like 3 dollars for your time and your gift that your giving to the community. everyones looking to save a buck i understand that. but come on people, how many of you spend 5 dollars or more a week on cigarettes. put it into perspective. there is alot worse things you can spend your money on than this.
    why spend money on something that you don't need to spend money on. giving money to someone that's exploiting a free technology for money isn't my idea of charity. yeah, I guess I am cheap because I'd rather spend my money on useful things.
    05-21-09 06:59 PM
    maybe true but still some people are cheap i just saw this guy as someone who i liked and i chose knowingly to use his service simple because he was nice and he answered all my questions. i know legally they have to give you the unlock code. but i hate talking on the phone and wanted to support someone else, whos just trying to help.

edit: and to my understanding the are only legally have to give you the unlock code if your contract is out. im pretty sure when you sign contract for 2 years to be with one provider unless you pay to get out of the contract your in that contract. at least thats what i thought.
    Last edited by ed-flip; 05-21-09 at 08:20 PM.
    05-21-09 08:17 PM
    Too bad canadian carriers like Fido and Rogers don't give out unlock codes no matter what the reasons are :/
    05-21-09 09:00 PM
    Too bad canadian carriers like Fido and Rogers don't give out unlock codes no matter what the reasons are :/
    I unlocked my rogers bold for free using software. Took about 1 hours time, but hey it was free.
    05-21-09 09:04 PM
    Why pay when it's free ? If you need to spend money, You should donate to charity... In my book, it's more important.

BTW, canadian carrier will give the unlock code with a good travel story...
    05-21-09 09:15 PM
    maybe true but still some people are cheap i just saw this guy as someone who i liked and i chose knowingly to use his service simple because he was nice and he answered all my questions. i know legally they have to give you the unlock code. but i hate talking on the phone and wanted to support someone else, whos just trying to help.

edit: and to my understanding the are only legally have to give you the unlock code if your contract is out. im pretty sure when you sign contract for 2 years to be with one provider unless you pay to get out of the contract your in that contract. at least thats what i thought.
    you can get an unlock code any time, it doesn't have to be when your contract is out. if you have a valid reason, you can get it unlocked. there's ways to go about it. and there's lots of threads about it on crackberry, as well as carrier's forums.
    05-21-09 09:53 PM
    i was just under the impression that if you were with a carrier your not really in need of a unlock code. your valid reason is what "that your going on some elaborate trip that while some may most dont, i just feel that its a scam.
    05-21-09 11:38 PM
    Why pay when it's free ? If you need to spend money, You should donate to charity... In my book, it's more important.

BTW, canadian carrier will give the unlock code with a good travel story...

i do donate to charities. but thats besides the point im an honest man and i just dont feel lying just to not spend less than 20 dollars is really all that worth it. i just dont enjoy the fact that people cheat and lie and scam just to get something they want.
    05-21-09 11:41 PM
    you don't have to lie about it. believe it or not there are actually people that travel internationally and need it.
    05-22-09 02:38 AM
    or just painfully cheap. i mean how much money do you waste on other things.
    Hold on now, we're suppsed to feel guilty and "cheap" for asking our providers (who charge us ungodly amounts in the first place) to unlock our phones? If they'll do it for free, we're supposed to feel guilty for not giving a third party money to do the same thing? I asked AT&T for an unlock code and they provided it within about 10 seconds of asking me my PIN. I had the code entered and the phone unlocked before she could look up directions for using the unlock code and read them to me. Cost free, hassle free, approx. 5 minutes from start to finish.

If you've got a carrier that refuses to be nice and unlock your phone, sure, reasonably priced unlock services are fantastic. I am in no way denying or even doubting that this Carnag3 guy gave you good service. It's great that you're happy and nice of you guys to try to help him out with your testimonials. But calling people cheap because they tried a free option for setting their phones back to a state they feel they should have received the phone in to begin with is a bit rude and completely unnecessary. Thank you, drive through.
    05-22-09 02:54 AM
    LOL well what can I say Carnag3 thankyou very much for the efficiency dont quite get what the rant is with everyone Carnag3 never asked me for my money i was happy to pay a small fee for an immediate fast service. In the UK its not as easy to get free unlock with providers and I did try the FREE option first with VODA UK but with no joy. So I totally agree If you can get a service free then why pay?? But if you cant then Carnag3 provides an A1 service.
    05-22-09 03:15 AM
    So I totally agree If you can get a service free then why pay?? But if you cant then Carnag3 provides an A1 service.
    Word. No disrespect intended... just didn't understand being called cheap. I'll kindly but t out of your thread now and let you have it back!
    05-22-09 04:39 AM
    skyrider007: Indeed! I do travel internationally and need it. Thats why i am happy with VF, no pain and quick.

ed-flip: fyi, i am not cheap and dont do good deeds just because phone my network for unlock code. fyi, i dont use free themes ...

yogi_bear: im surprised that you didnt get it from vf. i got mine easy, but i'm glad that yours sorted and happy
    05-22-09 11:09 AM
    Cheap for not paying to unlock? That's just ridiculous...

I took the time and patience to learn how to unlock my blackberry using very simple software that's found on the internet. It took me less than 30 minutes and I learned a boatload of information about my Bold and how to fix it should I run into problems. You call me cheap, I call you lazy. It's all in the eye of beholder.

(p.s. this isn't a barb to anyone in particular, just defending those of us who decided not to pay to unlock for free)
    05-22-09 12:40 PM
    I paid $3.88 on ebay for a code...... To each his own I guess.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 04:07 PM
    skyrider007: Indeed! I do travel internationally and need it. Thats why i am happy with VF, no pain and quick.

ed-flip: fyi, i am not cheap and dont do good deeds just because phone my network for unlock code. fyi, i dont use free themes ...

yogi_bear: im surprised that you didnt get it from vf. i got mine easy, but i'm glad that yours sorted and happy
    Wtf.. why not?? the OEM theme is nice, but there are WAY nicer themes available... ever heard of hidden today themes????

ps. I used ebay too to get my unlock code. Paid 2.88 and had the code within 20 minis.
    06-01-09 01:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD