So I finally set up a password to lock my BB 8330 and now it doesn't recognize my password. I know I'm remembering it correctly. The password is Name1111 (a specific persons name, different number). I've used up 8 of my 10 tries. Is there any other option than using all 10 and having it wiped. If not, what does wiping do? After it's wiped, do I just hook it up to my computer & resync it? Can I start using it before I resync with my desktop. I'm figuring I'll lose everything on there and have to reenter everything. But what are the steps I need to follow after it's wiped? Sorry not very tech savvy. I think I've covered all the questions.
    Thanks again for all your help. You guys have always been there for this tech challenged person.
    10-11-10 11:53 AM
    Are you sure that you aren't entering numbers where you originally typed letters?
    There's no way around the password if you can't enter it correctly.
    Wiping will wipe all the data from the device.
    You can then restore the data from a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Manager and start over.
    10-11-10 01:26 PM
    I think I'm typing it correctly. So can I use it before I sunc with my desktop? I'm at work now so I'd have to wait until tonight and I need to get some business SMS messages. I'm up to 8 of my 10 tries so I'm almost at the point of it getting wiped.
    Thanks for your response. I'm grateful for any & all assistance.
    10-11-10 01:39 PM
    I think I'm typing it correctly. So can I use it before I sunc with my desktop? I'm at work now so I'd have to wait until tonight and I need to get some business SMS messages. I'm up to 8 of my 10 tries so I'm almost at the point of it getting wiped.
    Thanks for your response. I'm grateful for any & all assistance.
    Even if you want to back it up, it will ask for the password right at the Desktop Manager.
    Please double check your capslock or alt key,make sure those two are off and not on. Usually if its own it will show you at the top right corner, good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-10 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD