Hello all, I am new to this site, but a HUGE Blackberry fan.

I just recently upgraded to the 9800 Torch, I figured that it would be a great Birthday gift to myself.
    The phone is currently a AT&T model, I am trying to unlock it for FIDO/ ROGERS

It says that there are no more tries
    "ENTER Network MEP code (0 LEFT)"
    I guess the guy who had it before me taught he could put random codes and it'd work.
    Is there anyway of fixing this or am I totally screwed ???
    Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance.....
    09-13-10 09:20 PM
    Nope, you only get 10 tries.....why in the heck did this guy enter a code so many times?
    09-13-10 09:24 PM
    You may have to send it in......or have someone reset/unlock it via cable.....I do remember reading about a program that would reset the counter back to 10.....maybe search on Google.

Best of luck!
    09-13-10 09:27 PM
    Reach out too CellUnlock.net, they have had some success with getting past that. Not saying they can def just, they have had success on more then one occas with being able to get past the 0 zero count for others.
    09-13-10 09:50 PM
    I can't believe the person did that! Its totally unlockable pre 10 tries!

I wish you luck!
    Please post results!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-13-10 11:03 PM
    check out berrymods.com, they can give you the code. I got mine from there and unlocked the phone no issues.
    09-14-10 10:05 AM
    just recently upgraded to the 9800 Torch, I figured that it would be a great Birthday gift to myself.
    The phone is currently a AT&T model, I am trying to unlock it for FIDO/ ROGERS

It says that there are no more tries
    "ENTER Network MEP code (0 LEFT)"
    I guess the guy who had it before me taught he could put random codes and it'd work.
    Is there anyway of fixing this or am I totally screwed ???
    Any help would be greatly appriciated, thanks in advance.....
    08-19-11 07:29 PM
    This model is not supported for reset yet. you will need to wait.
    08-19-11 09:52 PM
    If you have 0 attempts left to insert unlock code, then the only way to unlock your blackberry is to take your phone to a local store where they unlock blackberry phones and tell them about your situation. They will need to use the "furious gold" software co complete erase the data of your blackberry, re charge the operating system and unlock your phone by cable. For now I think this is the only solution!

Hope it helps!
    08-20-11 07:22 AM
    Try to sell it to some AT&T user and buy another one Blackberry 9800 that is unlocked (or make sure that you can unlock it, you can even buy unlock code using the sellers Email)...
    08-25-11 03:51 PM
    9800's can't be unlocked via cable at the moment.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk
    08-25-11 09:21 PM
    Any headway yet on unlocking a hardlocked 9800???

10-03-11 05:50 AM
    Not yet. Probably in the new year.
    10-03-11 11:21 AM
    Not sure how to overcome this problem but I know a website that provides free blackberry unlocking;

FreeMyBlackBerry.com
    10-04-11 10:39 AM
    Thanks for more spam hence your other posts.
    10-04-11 11:46 PM
    now that is a problem. you will have to take your phone to the local blackberry dealer and have him wipe off your phone by cable
    11-11-11 01:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD