Hi, Hoping someone can help.

I'm currently unable to unlock my BB 9700. I get the password prompt but upon entering the password it just goes back to the locked screen with the padlock.

Using Alt + Back button I can scroll through a number of open apps but can not open or close them it, then freezes and displays a white screen until I pull the battery.

Numerous battery pulls later and still no joy.

The only change on my device yesterday was a number of failed attempts to download Docs to Go ver 2.0 from the App World yesterday. My BB does a scheduled battery pull each night at 2am and the phone has been like that since the last scheduled pull (forget the name of the app).

Hoping someone can help.

Edit to highlight - I know the password is working as it re-prompts if I type it in incorrectly on purpose and after 2 attempts asks me to type in Blackberry.
    Last edited by MikeC1408; 09-13-10 at 09:48 AM.
    09-13-10 09:33 AM
    MikeC

I am not personally suggesting for 1 moment that your 'Berry is a stolen one that you are trying to use but your post could be intrepreted in such a way - others on here my be more forthright with their opinions on that - it has happened before.

However, one of the beauties of the Blackberry platform is that it is so secure - such a password screen, to my knowledge, cannot be bypassed even with an OS upgrade - you would need to put the password in before you were able to flash the device.

I am happy to be told otherwise by people who have more knowledge than I do, but I think you will not be able to get past this screen.
    09-13-10 09:52 AM
    Worst case, I would wipe with BBSAK and re-install the OS. If its not working, what do you have to lose in trying?
    09-13-10 10:13 AM
    MikeC

I am not personally suggesting for 1 moment that your 'Berry is a stolen one that you are trying to use but your post could be intrepreted in such a way - others on here my be more forthright with their opinions on that - it has happened before.

However, one of the beauties of the Blackberry platform is that it is so secure - such a password screen, to my knowledge, cannot be bypassed even with an OS upgrade - you would need to put the password in before you were able to flash the device.

I am happy to be told otherwise by people who have more knowledge than I do, but I think you will not be able to get past this screen.

Nope not stolen, but I can see what your saying, but unfortunetley it's a case of a knackered blackberry.

It will accept the correct password (in as much as it doen't say it is incorrect, which it does if i put a wrong one in on purpose) but the only screen it shows it the lock screen.

Using Alt + back I can scroll through the open apps but not select them.

This is only about 7 months old Only need it to last another 6 weeks or so before I order the Torch.

As it is a phone I run my business from I'm feeling very cut off today with an expensive paper weight on the desk.

Will have to try the OS re-install tonight and then restore from the last back-up (about 4 weeks ago).
    09-13-10 10:22 AM
    Got home plugged into Desktop Manager and after a few reboots and memory card repair, it turned out to be Documents 2 Go causing the issues.

Removed from phone, rebooted and all back to normal.

Minus Documents 2 Go
    09-13-10 02:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD