Hi everyone,

I took unlock code from verizon wireless,They give me 3 unlock codes and they said if first one not wrok try the other one

I tried 3 of them but blackberry says me code error,

How can I do my phone unlock ?
    07-09-09 07:08 AM
    it sounds a little fishy to me that verizon would give you three different unlock codes and none of them work but it you dont wanna try gettin it threw them again you can always look for unlock codes on ebay. the pricing isn't too bad but it ain't free
    07-09-09 08:24 AM
    I just unlocked mine last night and they have to generate the code while you are on the phone with them and you need to enter it then. They can generate 3 codes but it makes the first 2 codes no good and I was also told that the codes have a timeout period so people cannot get them and pass em out. Just what I was told not saying its completely true.
    07-09-09 08:30 AM
    If all fails with Verizon, you can purchase a code here: Unlock My Storm | Unlock Blackberry Storm Today!

I purchased the code and it unlocked promptly. Customer service response time was good too.
    07-09-09 08:51 AM
    I purchased a unlock storm on ebay...it worked just fine but i was going to sell it on ebay and needed to wipe memory....i think i wiped the unlock code out can anyone confirm?
    07-09-09 09:36 AM
    I purchased a unlock storm on ebay...it worked just fine but i was going to sell it on ebay and needed to wipe memory....i think i wiped the unlock code out can anyone confirm?
    You don't re-lock a phone by doing a mem wipe.
    07-09-09 09:38 AM
    ebay can sometimes be a hit or miss.
    From what I understand if you for 3 codes, the first code is the one that will work the best. These codes are " calculated "
    They do not come from Verizon.
    As for the wrong code -> I'd suggest first checking your imei.
    Go To Menu -> Options -> Status -> IMEI : (15 Digits - All Numbers )

Since the code(s) are calculated, if the wrong imei is give, you will get a wrong code.
    Pm me if you have any questions - Cheers
    07-09-09 04:30 PM
    whats the benefits of a unlocked storm exactly?
    07-09-09 05:04 PM
    whats the benefits of a unlocked storm exactly?
    You can use any SIM instead of the default Verizon/Vodaphone SIM. This allows you to shop around and find the best deals on local SIMs, and use the Storm on GSM networks other than Vodaphone.
    07-09-09 06:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD