01-27-13 08:48 AM
70 123
tools
    Yes. I registered my sim card and resent my service books. BIS works fine.

When I stuck in my friend's prepaid sim card, there was no data but 3g connection and I could send out. When I put my sim card back in same problem, can receive but cannot send out. Really really strange.
    The Bold is not the problem, it's your sim buddy.
    05-23-09 07:00 PM
    ok so please explain step by step what i should do to get my phone working i have a rogers sim card and im trying to get that to work. and what is BIS?
    05-23-09 07:31 PM
    I think it's best to get a 3G sim card from Rogers. I hear there's one type of 3G sim card that doesn't work well with the Bold. Also, if you haven't paid the bill on that sim card, that error also pops up. Also, if your Bold was registered under someone prior to you, the pin should be release by that user before you can use it.
    05-23-09 07:57 PM
    ok so i should call rogers and ask for a 3g sim card? my bill with cingular isnt cleared yet.... those are the two possiblities
    05-23-09 08:13 PM
    You should just call AT&T and have them release the pin to your Bold. They have a separate department for Blackberries. Tell them to deactivate the pin on their side. It doesn't matter if you've paid your AT&T bill or not, they are obligated to release your pin.

Once you do that, activate the in on the Rogers' system via online. If your sim with Rogers is active, then you shouldn't have a problem. UNLESS, you are using an older 3G sim card. Then you would have to go to the Rogers store and swap it out with a new sim card.
    05-23-09 08:46 PM
    ok but why would i need my pin? my phone is unlocked already... is that a different number other than my actual blackberry messenger pin?
    05-23-09 09:21 PM
    The pin is how carriers set up your account w/ the Blackberry database. I assume you're on BIS? Only one pin is available to set up. For example, you can't have a Blackberry account for AT&T and Rogers at the same time for the phone. Does that make sense?
    05-23-09 09:32 PM
    what is BIS? and your saying i should call at&t for the pin or Rogers?
    05-23-09 10:03 PM
    what is BIS? and your saying i should call at&t for the pin or Rogers?
    05-23-09 10:09 PM
    Basically, BIS is for consumers who set up Internet-based mail like Hotmail, Gmail and GoDaddy. BES is for enterprise users, people who get their phone from their company.

Call AT&T and have them release your pin. If that doesn't work, go to the Rogers store and swap out the sim with a new one. If that doesn't work, check if you have paid your AT&T & Rogers bills.
    05-23-09 10:24 PM
    ok when i get my pin what do i do next? and if i ask for my pin wont they get it mixed up with my pin for blackberry messenger?
    05-23-09 11:08 PM
    ok when i get my pin what do i do next? and if i ask for my pin wont they get it mixed up with my pin for blackberry messenger?
    Press ctrl+alt+H all at the same time. It will show you your BB pin. AT&T reps know what a pin is and how to release it. Your BB Messenger is your phone pin. JUST TELL THEM TO RELEASE IT!
    05-24-09 01:05 AM
    I am having the same issue, have tried a few different sim cards. I can receive calls, etc, but cannot make outgoing calls, get the sim toolkit error, SIM: Call Barred. I have contacted rogers wireless, they wont give me any support, so i called AT&T technical support and they won't give me any support either. This phone is unlocked, I don't know what else to do... any help would be appreciated. I was thinking I could just reflash the OS with the latest rogers bold firmware, but I am asking here first, thanks.
    07-10-09 06:48 PM
    You should just call AT&T and have them release the pin to your Bold. They have a separate department for Blackberries. Tell them to deactivate the pin on their side. It doesn't matter if you've paid your AT&T bill or not, they are obligated to release your pin.

Once you do that, activate the in on the Rogers' system via online. If your sim with Rogers is active, then you shouldn't have a problem. UNLESS, you are using an older 3G sim card. Then you would have to go to the Rogers store and swap it out with a new sim card.
    if your berry works on BIS, sms, internet, receives calls wouldn't that mean your pin is released? i called AT&T and they lady i talked to said it was released, but i don't trust tech support! just wondering if BIS works, as mine does, seems to me my pin is released??
    08-08-09 11:50 AM
    anyone have a fix for this? i am in the exact same position. .and it is frustrating....

using unlocked at&t bold in fido in canada..
    please help if anyone has a working solution!
    I am exactly in the same position as you, hope you fix it.

Pls contact me at: 416-827-0493.

Thanks
    08-16-09 09:50 PM
    I believe the only solution can be done by RIM with new firmware. Because the same SIM card works very well with other 3G cell phones like Panasonic, Samsung, LG, Sharp, etc.

By the way, I am in Japan. I love my unlocked BB9000, however, with SoftBank 3G SIM Card, I can only receive calls and SMS text, but can't make a call or send any SMS message. The BB9000 shows such kind of error message: sim toolkit control error. Is there any one who can push RIM to solve this problem ? There are so many BB lovers have been suffering such kind of things for so long time, why RIM can't release the solution ?
    08-21-09 09:56 AM
    Hi have the same error message. Find that if there is 3G reception then problem presents itself. If GRPS reception is available then no problem, so for the moment I have set the phone to only 2G and I can make calls. Not sure how to fix the problem when there is 3G reception
    12-14-09 03:15 PM
    I also met the same problem, but i was able to find a way to solve it
    Basically, I believe the problem is 3G. If you set you network to 2g only, you would be able to make a call, sms, etc.
    In order to deactivate 3G, we need these steps :
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f83/how...anding-207789/

and this :

Zibri's Blog: Hidden things are usually the best

Just follow step by step, you would be able to make any call any time soon )
    03-03-10 01:11 AM
    Good to know, thank you for sharing!
    03-03-10 11:57 AM
    its the type of simcard that is being used.
    try to use a different type of sim card.. there are certain #'s on the simcard which is a refers to a specific type or series.

i had the same problem with att unlocked bold and a rogers
    i had to go into a rogers store and request an older simcard

nothing wrong with your phone, its just some weird incompatibility that unlocked att bolds have with certain series of simcards..
    03-07-10 05:39 AM
    I have a Unlocked AT&T BOLD and I'm having some trouble with foreign SIM card here in Taiwan. I bought a Taiwan Mobile SIM Card (TW Mobile also offer BB Bolds). I inserted it into my ATT BOLD and couldn't make any calls. I get the following Error Message:

Sim: Call Barred
    Call failed due to SIM Toolkit Control Error

My phone was unlocked by AT&T; I told them I'm going overseas and they unlocked it free of charge by giving me unlock codes. I do have a non-BIS data plan but with the "data" turned off (just using voice version).

I have latest firmware, already did a reset (battery out a few seconds). SIM card seems to be latest one since I just bought it a few hrs ago. Anyone have any ideas? The Bold was my favorite phone thus far but has been slipping down the list because of all these "international" issues I'm having. Thanks
    Hey mate did u manage to resolve the issue?? I have the same problem.
    04-03-10 09:38 PM
    May need to be used with a older sim card from the carrier you are trying to use.
    04-03-10 10:36 PM
    I have the same issue with ATT unlocked 9000 bold...i was recently in India and worked fine with a couple of prepaid sim's.

Now i am in Australia and have inserted a prepaid card from Soul and have the same issue, no outgoing calls or sms but incoming ok.

Also as I try to dial out automatically +91 code is pre-fixed to the outgoing number....Very wierd....

help would be really appreciated!!
    04-04-10 11:14 AM
    Up until now the problem has only be resolved by having the provider change the SIM card.
    04-04-10 11:17 AM
    Easy fix w/o buying new sims or anything like that.

from the blackberry website d/l the Zain Kuwait s/w for the 9700.

BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.726 (Multilanguage) is the version and the file name is

9700M_PBr5.0.0_rel726_PL5.1.0.121_A5.0.0.442_Zain_ Kuwait.exe

here's the link to get it (should work)
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...CBCED31&step=4

d/l and install this s/w on your computer like any other program and go thru the few instructions that there are. when it's done it will ask if you want to start the blackberry desktop software ... DON'T.

once it's installed go to 'my computer-->c:-->program files-->common files -->research in motion-->apploader

in this folder, there is a file called vendor.xml, ***delete this file***

in this folder as well is an program called loader.exe

run this program and go thru the instructions (I recommend choosing the option to backup your settings/emails etc).

takes about a half hour.

when it's done, unplug ur phone and u should be golden.

good luck.
    04-20-10 01:22 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD