Now with all the Canadians launching the same time, and some carrier launch policies being different than others... lets see if somethings possible.

Rogers has been telling me that they won't sell me the phone outright and I can't upgrade till January. Well I would wait... but I'm not only impatient, but my 8900 is showing its age physically wise. The phone is still in great shape appearance wise but they keyboard is giving up and I got a few dead pixels. So its time to get something newer.

With Rogers pretty much saying I can't buy it. Can I go buy it off contract with Bell and unlock it for Rogers with full 3G?
    09-04-10 09:19 PM
    Rogers won't sell them outright? Who did you ask?

I plan on buying one outright, since I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another year.
    09-04-10 09:22 PM
    Rogers won't sell them outright? Who did you ask?

I plan on buying one outright, since I'm not eligible for an upgrade for another year.
    Customer service/sales 4 different times. didn't give my name the last two just in case it was a file response.

Best Buy North (South store took my preorder regardless just in case they can sell outright)

and four north end Rogers stores (south side ones thing its still an AT&T Exclusive and not coming up north period....wtf?)
    09-04-10 09:34 PM
    Now with all the Canadians launching the same time, and some carrier launch policies being different than others... lets see if somethings possible.

Rogers has been telling me that they won't sell me the phone outright and I can't upgrade till January. Well I would wait... but I'm not only impatient, but my 8900 is showing its age physically wise. The phone is still in great shape appearance wise but they keyboard is giving up and I got a few dead pixels. So its time to get something newer.

With Rogers pretty much saying I can't buy it. Can I go buy it off contract with Bell and unlock it for Rogers with full 3G?

TALK TO CUSTOMER RELATIONS/RETENTION!!!!!!! DO NOT GO THROUGH SALES.

I am a year away from my allotted upgrade time and with a quick threat to pay out off my contract and switch providers, because that will actually be cheaper than paying full price for the phone, my account is now noted, that even though I am not eligible, they will allow me to buy the phone for the 3 year contract price (with the obvious extension of the contract) It's called a save upgrade, and customer relations' purpose is to keep you with Rogers.
    09-05-10 01:23 AM
    TALK TO CUSTOMER RELATIONS/RETENTION!!!!!!! DO NOT GO THROUGH SALES.

I am a year away from my allotted upgrade time and with a quick threat to pay out off my contract and switch providers, because that will actually be cheaper than paying full price for the phone, my account is now noted, that even though I am not eligible, they will allow me to buy the phone for the 3 year contract price (with the obvious extension of the contract) It's called a save upgrade, and customer relations' purpose is to keep you with Rogers.
    100% agree. I think the people you are talking to are very confused. There's not a carrier in the world that won't let you buy a phone outright, as long as you have a plan with them. What are they telling you?? "No, you can't buy a phone at full price from us. We think you should keep your money and stay with your 8900".
    09-05-10 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD