I will be going to Canada this upcoming weekend and was wondering if T-Mobile (with whom I currently have a contract) would be able to provide me with an unlock code if I was to buy the 9700 from Rogers at full price...
    Any thoughts?
    11-03-09 01:42 AM
    I'd think you would have to ask rogers for it.
    11-03-09 01:45 AM
    No, they won't be able to. Easiest way to get an unlock code is through the internet and pay rougly $20 for it.
    11-03-09 01:46 AM
    I will be going to Canada this upcoming weekend and was wondering if T-Mobile (with whom I currently have a contract) would be able to provide me with an unlock code if I was to buy the 9700 from Rogers at full price...
    Any thoughts?
    You won't have T-Mobile 3G the Rogers 9700 has different bands. Wait for T-Mobile to release it's coming real soon...
    11-03-09 01:46 AM
    You won't have T-Mobile 3G the Rogers 9700 has different bands. Wait for T-Mobile to release it's coming real soon...
    Thanks for that info, after seeing your other post on the official release package, I might wait a couple more days.
    That actually brings me to another question, if I get the T-Mobile version, would the 3G be functional in Europe? (planning on using it with Swisscom in Switzerland)
    11-03-09 01:52 AM
    Any thoughts?
    No they won't be able to get you the code, you will have to buy it from a 3rd party like us.

Also you don't want to buy the Rogers one as it will not work on T-Mobile's 3G network.
    11-03-09 01:53 AM
    No they won't be able to get you the code, you will have to buy it from a 3rd party like us.

Also you don't want to buy the Rogers one as it will not work on T-Mobile's 3G network.

This is correct...Rogers will NOT issue unlock codes for their devices. Only under rare circumstances have they done so and previously they used to charge you $150 for it.

And as stated, Rogers 9700 on T-Mob means no 3G.
    11-03-09 02:23 AM
    Thanks for that info, after seeing your other post on the official release package, I might wait a couple more days.
    That actually brings me to another question, if I get the T-Mobile version, would the 3G be functional in Europe? (planning on using it with Swisscom in Switzerland)
    3G should work in Europe on Band 1 (2100MHZ). Your best bet is to check with the carrier and find out from them...
    11-03-09 02:59 AM
    I wish the 9700 had come out already...I'm in Europe this week on business and had been hoping to have in in time for this trip so I could test whether it will connect to European 3G networks.

I guess it will have to wait until next time.
    11-03-09 03:12 AM
    Any thoughts?

I hope this helps you at http://www.cellunlock.net/shoppingcart.asp

it cost $16.99 you get 50% off, apply this code in the promo then click apply. type crackb50

You will next to submit the imei number all the information is on this website.

Good Luck
    11-03-09 05:07 AM

it cost $16.99 you get 50% off, apply this code in the promo then click apply. type crackb50

Good Luck
    i've unlocked my phones through them, great guys
    cheapest unlock as well
    11-03-09 02:26 PM
    3G should work in Europe on Band 1 (2100MHZ). Your best bet is to check with the carrier and find out from them...
    I asked tmo about their 3G bands today, the CS told me they are using 1900 and 2100 Mhz and Rogers' website lists those under the Specs for the bold 9700 they are selling. So what am I missing here? why wouldn't a Rogers 9700 work with the Tmo 3G?
    11-03-09 08:29 PM

Good Luck
    I can also vouch for these guys, I just unlocked by Bold 9700 with them that I got from rogers and it worked perfectly. I don't think all the unlockers have codes for the 9700 yet. :-)
    11-03-09 10:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD