.....without affecting my current device....

I've read through a few of the getting started threads and it sounds like you need to have a SIM card in the phone to unlock it.. but I didn't see this Q addressed really... I'm trying to sell my old 8900 and everyone who wants it is not on ATT, lol...

my Q is> if I take my SIM out of my current phone, put it in my old one to unlock it, will it have any effect when I take the SIM out and put it back in my current phone, in other words- will my current phone now be unlocked too?

or simply put, does it unlock by the SIM card itself, or the unit.....
    Last edited by NinjaB; 06-29-11 at 10:39 AM.
    06-29-11 10:14 AM
    unlocking unlocks the phone not the sim card
    06-29-11 10:20 AM

I've read through a few of the getting started threads and it sounds like you need to have a SIM card in the phone to unlock it.. but I didn't see this Q addressed really... I'm trying to sell my old 8900 and everyone who wants it is not on ATT, lol...

my Q is> if I take my SIM out of my current phone, put it in my old one to unlock it, will it have any effect when I take the SIM out and put it back in my current phone, in other words- will my current phone now be unlocked too?

Nope you will be fine
    06-30-11 01:10 AM

won't affect the phone in any way other than unlocking it, nor will it affect the sim card at all.
    07-01-11 07:18 PM
    The process of unlocking the phone is tied to the not to your sim or your account....the numbers you give/enter to unlock the device are unique to the hardware not the sim/account.
    07-09-11 09:08 PM
    No you need the unlocking code for your phone, sim card will not affect it in any way...
    07-10-11 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD