I'm tired of not having service in some places.. Is it possible to unlock it to sprint. How?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-10 05:25 PM
    If it is a GSM (SIM card phone with a slot to swap the SIM out for another one), then yes, it is possible. Go to a kiosk or shop that can unlock your phone and then you can use it on any carrier you wish.

If it's a CDMA phone, you're SOL.

10-07-10 05:27 PM
    No. Sprint is CDMA. It will not work.
    10-07-10 05:28 PM
    Rootbrian- yes I have a blackberry with a sim card in it.. Do I need another simcard to unlock it or do I do it without a simcard.. Please explain

10-07-10 05:35 PM
    Rootbrian- yes I have a blackberry with a sim card in it.. Do I need another simcard to unlock it or do I do it without a simcard.. Please explain

TI is correct. The 9700 is a GSM only phone and Sprint is a CDMA network. There is no way to get it to work on Sprint. The 9650 is the Bold that works on Sprint/Verizon.
    10-07-10 05:37 PM
    That being said, contact T-Mobile and explain your situation in detail and they should be able to solve the transmission problems, including signal.

10-07-10 05:47 PM
    As what everybody else said, you cannot use the phone on Sprint. If you unlocked the phone, you would be able to use it on AT&T, though, who uses the same kind of network as T-Mobile. And as for what Rootbrian said, I am not sure what T-Mobile could do to help your signal issues, because I do not think they have such a thing as a PRL for their phones. You can try contacting them and check the coverage map in your area, however, and see if you should be getting better coverage for where you are than what your phone is getting. Good luck, and I hope this helped!
    10-07-10 06:00 PM
    Don't listen to anything rootbrain said.

1) T-Mo is a GSM network, Sprint is an iDen CDMA network, so, NO, you can not have your TMo 9700 work with Sprint, ever. Not only that, but if you unlock it and use it on AT&T, you will not be able to use the 3G functionality as they have different frequencies for it.

2) No kiosk or shop will unlock your device. You have to call CS, and T-Mo is awesome at this, and they will just ask for your IMEI, a 15 digit number that is unique to each cellphone (you can Google how to retrieve it on the 9700), and after one week, depending, they will send you the unlock code. The best way to unlock a phone, meaning, making it usable with other sims that are not TMo, is by using a NON TMo SIM card. The reason for that is because the phone itself will ask for an unlock code, usually. However, don't worry, they explain to you in detail how to unlock the phone in question once you get the email.

3) TMo, if they have no service, they have no service yet in your area, period. So you either switch to another carrier that does, or wait for TMo to improve their service in your area, but calling them and asking "can you fix my service?" Ain't gonna help.
    10-07-10 06:06 PM
    That being said, contact T-Mobile and explain your situation in detail and they should be able to solve the transmission problems, including signal.

Was this suppose to be srcastic remark? LOL

10-07-10 07:38 PM
    Was this suppose to be srcastic remark? LOL

Sadly, I'm sure it wasn't.
    10-07-10 07:44 PM
    Nope sorry won't work on Sprint.
    10-07-10 07:50 PM
    In case this hasn't been explained enough with people bumping their post counds, but no, it will not work.
    10-07-10 07:55 PM
    No it will not work

10-07-10 08:10 PM
    I'm tired of not having service in some places.. Is it possible to unlock it to sprint. How?

Hai!
    You can get the unlock codes for your mobile from the website The Unlock Spot.com - Unlock you phone at the unlock spot! with instruction.Unlocking through codes is a very easy/safer method.
    03-23-11 03:34 PM
    SprInt is CDMA

03-23-11 03:36 PM
    The phone is GSM, the provider they want to use is CDMA. THIS WILL NOT WORK!!
    03-23-11 04:22 PM
    Since this thread was awoken from the dead, does anyone know if the Bold 9650 would work on a GSM carrier?

03-23-11 11:04 PM
    Yes. As long as it is unlocked. You won't get 3G, however.
    03-24-11 07:13 AM
    I'm tired of not having service in some places..

Are you service issues only in certain areas?

I had some service issues near my house and I reported it to T-Mobile and after looking into it they installed a new tower. Before they installed the new tower I would have no signal at all in a shopping center, outdoors. Now I have no problems there at all. It took 3-4 months for them to investigate and fix the problem.

Recently I changed the way I go home from work and there is an area where I have no signal. I am going to get the GPS coordinates where it begin and ends and call T-Mobile to report it.
    03-24-11 08:50 AM
    Rootbrian sometimes you seem to know what you are talking about and then you post nonsense...I don't get you man, lol!

Thank god for others chiming in to get the OP straightened out. I am starting to honestly believe you post to up the post count....

03-24-11 04:03 PM
    Rootbrian sometimes you seem to know what you are talking about and then you post nonsense...I don't get you man, lol!

Thank god for others chiming in to get the OP straightened out. I am starting to honestly believe you post to up the post count....

I wasn't bumping it up, was simply stating the obvious.

03-24-11 04:08 PM
    Dude, you should know TMobile is GSM and wouldn't have worked on a CDMA network....yet you go into some info on something that wouldn't work....

Captian Totti even realized it. Come off your high horse bro....

03-24-11 04:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD