i just upgraded from Storm2 to iPhone 4 on Verizon.

my question is: is there a way to unlock my Storm2, which is not on the network currently? i know there are sites that sell BB unlock codes, but do they work if the phone is not active on a carrier?

also, if this is possible, what site would you suggest?
    05-10-11 06:05 PM
    If the Storm 2 has a SIM lot (world phone) for GSM, then it can be unlocked and used on European GSM frequencies. I don't think it has the North American GSM frequencies built in, so it wouldn't work in the US or Canada.
    05-10-11 06:40 PM
    If the Storm 2 has a SIM lot (world phone) for GSM, then it can be unlocked and used on European GSM frequencies. I don't think it has the North American GSM frequencies built in, so it wouldn't work in the US or Canada.
    It can be used in the US/Canada with EDGE/GPRS, not 3G (UMTS/HSDPA).

You shouldn't need the sim card inserted though, it should go through like any other GSM blackberry when using MEPD and MEP2 with the virtual keyboard, but some people recommend having a sim card inserted though.
    Last edited by gbsn; 06-25-11 at 10:53 AM.
    05-10-11 07:14 PM
    It can be used in the US/Canada with EDGE/GPRS, not 3G (UMTS/HSDPA).

You shouldn't need the sim card inserted thought, it should go through like any other GSM blackberry when using MEPD and MEP2 with the virtual keyboard, but some people recommend having a sim card inserted though.
    I think in order to get to the SIM menu / MEPD to enter the unlock code, you need to have a SIM card inserted. it does not need to be active though...
    05-10-11 10:28 PM
    actually, i dont think you need to have the sim card inserted to get to the SIM/MEPD menu. just give it a try and see.
    05-10-11 10:47 PM

my question is: is there a way to unlock my Storm2, which is not on the network currently? i know there are sites that sell BB unlock codes, but do they work if the phone is not active on a carrier?

Hello,
    First of all, you can unlock your blackberry storm 2 even if it's not currently in use with any network, if you have a sim slot in your blackberry device (GSM support) it can be unlocked.

When you make the unlocking process with your blackberry, make sure that there is a SIM CARD INSIDE YOUR DEVICE, it can be any sim card, even a not valid one. for more information about it you can find instructions here:
    Blackberry Storm 2 unlocking instructions

You can find a lot of online blackberry unlocking services on the blackberry unlocking forum.

Good luck.
    05-11-11 04:58 AM

Tons of sites to choose from here. You device does not have to be active to be unlocked or to be used on a different carrier.
    05-11-11 10:16 AM
    Lets move this bad boy over to BB Unlocking

EDIT: There are MANY great sites you can use, HOWEVER if you are still a Verizon customer, you can have Verizon unlock it for free. They MAY need to briefly activate it on your account to do it, BUT they will reactivate your iphone as soon as they are done. OR you can just, pay one of the sites that frequent this forum a few bucks. Codes can run from as little as 5 to as much as 75.
    05-11-11 12:27 PM
    agreed bro
    05-11-11 01:51 PM
    how to unblock the network storm 2 ?
    06-25-11 10:50 AM
    how to unblock the network storm 2 ?
    Unblock or unlock?
    06-26-11 11:10 AM

lot of good sites available online here. any help email us or check our sig. good luck unlocking!
    06-26-11 01:49 PM
    its unlock n you can contact us for any help...
    07-12-11 12:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD