Ok..i have a 6 month old Bold 9700 that was on telus...
    I switched to a torch both provided by my employer as i said running on telus.

When the swap took place i had to take the sim card out of the bold and put it in the torch.
    Now that i am running a torch i have this relatively brand new bold sitting there doing nothing without a sim card.

My family all run devices on Rogers can I get this bold set up to use on our rogers account?

If we can what do i need to do ?
    11-20-10 03:11 PM
    Get it unlocked and pop in the Roger's SIM card.
    11-21-10 01:18 AM
    Need to purchase an unlock code.
    11-21-10 05:11 PM
    Unlock the phone and you should be able to use it no problems.... Highly recommend freethisberrydotcom or even cellunlock. Both awesome service and quick turnaround time for the codes
    11-21-10 08:00 PM
    Thank you aznlgcy... We strive to satisfy our customers, giving them full support along the way. Appreciate it.
    11-21-10 08:20 PM
    Hello to a fellow Canadian!!

Yes you can definitely use the 9700 on Rogers if you get it unlocked.

Let us know if you need any help getting it unlocked!
    11-21-10 08:50 PM
    Thanks for the replies... if you wouldn't mind i have a few questions..

The instructions I have read says you need a sim card installed to do the unlock process.

Do i need to put the one that was in it...the one that is now in my torch or can I put the rogers sim card my kid presently has in his phone. I also have a non active sim card from a lost ..then found ( dayum kids) card?

Once the unlock process has been done..I gather the sim card that he uses now
    would be installed in the bold giving him the user functions that we have already set up with rogers? He mainly uses it for sms... and minimal phone use.
    Are there any additional hurdles to clear or once the phone has been unlocked and the card is installed... are we then set? Can we set up bbm once we are up and running on rogers?

Is there any proprietary software installed on the bold from telus that we would have to remove?
    11-21-10 09:41 PM
    To answer your questions, you can use any sim card (although a sim, whether active or inactive, from the original network is preferred).

Yes, once unlocked he can install his Rogers sim card and he'll be good to go. No additional hurdles!

Assuming your son has a Blackberry Data plan BBM and emails will be up and running as soon as he registers his phone on the Rogers BIS at Redirect to the right page

Lastly, no need to remove the software from the phone unless its his personal preference not to have it on there. Can also install a new OS from Rogers if preferred.

Let us know if you need anything else
    11-21-10 11:23 PM
    If I use the telus sim card that is in my torch to unlock the 9700 will anything happen to it? sorry for the newbness but I just can have anything happen to it so i am little paranoid..
    11-22-10 11:55 AM
    Nothing will happen to the SIM or the device. Any SIM card will do.
    11-22-10 03:01 PM
    Ok..i have a 6 month old Bold 9700 that was on telus...
    I switched to a torch both provided by my employer as i said running on telus.

When the swap took place i had to take the sim card out of the bold and put it in the torch.
    Now that i am running a torch i have this relatively brand new bold sitting there doing nothing without a sim card.

My family all run devices on Rogers can I get this bold set up to use on our rogers account?

If we can what do i need to do ?
    If you still need help unlocking your phone we'd love to help! Usually can do it within a few minutes and pretty cheap. any questions please PM us or check our signature. thank you
    11-24-10 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD