I got a Blackberry 9700 recently but it's locked to the 3 network. I want it on O2. I tried to unlock using an MEP code and it won't let me type it in because I have 0 tries.

I was wondering, even if it has 0 tries left is it still possible to unlock the phone via cable (not MEP) and use it on O2?

Thanks
    09-17-12 01:25 PM
    Yes. There are ways of unlocking such phones. It'll cost you a bit, but it's possible.

Check the Unlocking section for providers.
    09-17-12 01:32 PM
    Yes. There are ways of unlocking such phones. It'll cost you a bit, but it's possible.

Check the Unlocking section for providers.
    I've only found one solution in the UK called Fone Fun shop and I'd have to send my phone off to do it, which I'm a little skeptical about.
    Can you send me a link to other possible unlocks? I don't mind paying, that's not a problem.
    09-17-12 02:24 PM
    The service you're looking for is called DM3 unlocking. Here is a list of providers.

Before you go in, you want to make sure your phone can be unlocked. I remember reading once that not all BBs can be DM3 unlocked. Not sure if 9700 was one of those models.
    09-17-12 02:33 PM
    09-17-12 02:38 PM
    I've seen that. For me to send it off to my nearest store (Sheffield) it will cost 30. Is it worth me just buying the USB from Furious Gold so I can unlock many in the future? On the Furious Gold website it is only 40
    09-17-12 02:45 PM
    What do you mean by "unlock many in future?" Do you plan to open an unlocking business?

If I were you, I'd wipe the phone and send it/drive it down to Sheffield.
    09-17-12 03:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD