Hello, I'm new at the forums...

Can somebody help me to unlock my Blackberry ?
    My godfather gave me a Sprint Blackberry 8830; after doing some research, i found out that it is still locked; i looked in CellUnlockers.net to see if i could find a code, but i couldn't.. I live in Venezuela, so i believe i can use it since it comes for 900 / 1800 Mhz Networks...

Can somebody help me on how to get the code ? Thanks !
    08-20-10 01:16 PM
    Most everyone will charge a small fee to unlock a phone. Have you tried to win one?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f207/

And lots of Sprint phones come unlocked from the factory. Are you sure it isn't already unlocked?
    08-20-10 01:27 PM
    Im kinda sure, I read on the guide the MEPD thing on SIM and it says network "Active" so i think it is locked
    08-20-10 02:11 PM
    You are correct, it's still locked. Like I said above, post in a few of those promotional threads and see if you can win one. I've one a few myself when I needed a phone unlocked.

You could also just buy one from one of the many unlockers that post here at CrackBerry. Many are cheap (under $10) and even some have coupon codes for their sites.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-10 02:26 PM
    Thanks so much, but I live in Venezuela and even if codes are cheap, there's a currency exchange control policy going on so we cannot access to US$ even if we got the money...
    08-20-10 02:37 PM
    All the more reason to win one from one of those promotions

If you need it now, then it might help to ask some of the unlockers around here. They might be able to take your Venezuelan currency, I'm really not sure though...

Also, is there any cell phone shops or repair centers around where you live? Most of those kind of shops would be able to unlock your phone no problem.

But I can almost guarantee you that if you post in a few of those contest threads that you can get an unlock code in a few days. And plus, winning one feels so much better...
    08-20-10 02:47 PM
    hahaha thanks then ridesno159 for your kind help ! and let's hope i can win one !
    08-20-10 02:50 PM
    PayPal does all Currencies
    08-21-10 12:00 AM
    Did this guy ever have any luck in unlocking those blackberries i have some old blackberries i want to send to relatives
    03-16-11 05:29 PM
    As noted in the thread you started about this issue, those phones (Curve 9330) are CMDA only devices. They CANNOT be unlocked.
    03-16-11 08:56 PM
    Motorcycle Mama I think you mean 8830.

While we can definitely unlock it, its frequencies only allow the GSM part of the phone to be used in Europe and Asia...
    03-18-11 05:01 PM

While we can definitely unlock it, its frequencies only allow the GSM part of the phone to be used in Europe and Asia...
    No. I was responding to the post directly above mine.
    03-18-11 05:15 PM
    Did this guy ever have any luck in unlocking those blackberries i have some old blackberries i want to send to relatives

If you need any help unlocking your phones let us know! check signature or pm us with any questions. lot of great unlocker's online
    03-21-11 06:44 PM
    yup. lots of them online.
    03-24-11 11:19 AM
    if you need any help let us know.
    03-24-11 11:26 AM

Which is too bad it's a nice phone, wish it would work in the states or canada. Fortunately it's a cheaper phone so a lot of people unlocking it take it overseas anyways on vacation!
    04-03-11 01:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD