Hey guys i have an unlocked telus storm 2 and am having issues with the call display some numbers show up others show as unknown...has anyone got a unlocked telus phone that they are using on rogers and resolved this problem?
    12-27-09 04:12 PM
    Hey guys i have an unlocked telus storm 2 and am having issues with the call display some numbers show up others show as unknown...has anyone got a unlocked telus phone that they are using on rogers and resolved this problem?
    Have you noticed a patern, either time of day wise, or contact wise (is it all the same people who do not show up)

When it dosent show up, do you geta weid number like 1234567890 or unknown caller etc...

Or finally does it hapen at home, at work, etc.. at different geographical areas where you maybe on on a different cell tower ?
    12-27-09 05:33 PM
    Have you noticed a patern, either time of day wise, or contact wise (is it all the same people who do not show up)

When it dosent show up, do you geta weid number like 1234567890 or unknown caller etc...

Or finally does it hapen at home, at work, etc.. at different geographical areas where you maybe on on a different cell tower ?
    No haven't really noticed a pattern but the one thing that I can say is that the numbers that do seem to appear are the numbers under my Rogers 10 but every other number just comes as unknown. I did some research and have looked into other threads and people have suggested taking off the name display feature of call display which is suppose to solve the problem so I was just wondering of anyone else has ran into this problem and had any luck in fixing it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-09 04:19 AM
    Do you have call display ? With rogers you pay extra it's not included with plans.

Maybe the M5+5 come in to tell you its a free call but otherwise you don't see it ? Not sure here just guessing.
    12-29-09 09:34 AM
    as i recall, i think you need a special call display SOC added.. give customer service a call and say you are using a non rogers phone and call display isn't working...
    12-29-09 04:01 PM
    Most likely you'll have to have regular call display without name display since name display isn't guaranteed on non-rogers devices. Give that a shot. "Almost" always worked for my fido customers whenever they came to me with that problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 04:16 PM
    Hi,

I am havin the same problem. I have a Telus 9550 unlocked and was working fine, until I got the code and removed the "activation required"...now only calls from a rogers line appears on my call display. Anything other than rogers is just says unknown number.

Is there a solution?
    12-30-09 09:31 AM
    From what I have read, CDMA devices do not support name display. Rogers bundles call display and name display together as one service. If you call Rogers and tell them to remove the name display, then the number should display all the time.
    01-07-10 04:20 PM
    hey i am having this problem also and i am on rogers,has anyone tried calling rogers and got them to remove name display? did it work?
    Last edited by jaimbot; 01-10-10 at 11:36 PM.
    01-10-10 11:32 PM
    Have a TELUS 9700 on rogers... haven't noticed this at all..
    01-17-10 05:47 PM
    I have a Unlocked Storm from Verizon and have the same problem. Only one number shows up.
    02-03-10 01:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD