So I have had the same issue as many on this Forum about unlocking my blackberry Q10. Been about 2 years now.

I first tried to unlock my Q10 when I bought it in 2013 and then I moved to Germany. Got all the success codes as per usual and showed unlocked, but when you put in a new SIM card, it doesn't work.

In 2014 I moved back to Canada until mid 2015 when I moved to the USA. So I tried again, but this time I called Rogers to get their code for $50 dollars. The number was different than the one that I had previously paid for from another organization. No matter, I got the same confirmations as always and the phone would not work on another network apart from Rogers.

After escalating with Rogers, they came back with our records indicate it's unlocked and now out of warranty, so just must not work on the USA networks which is your issue and not ours. There is no way for "their" records to indicate it's unlocked, so just bull to say that it's the code and live with it.

So now I have a $600 phone that I can nothing with - it's basically bricked to Rogers and they don't care about helping a 10 year customer. So I've now disconnected my phone and said goodbye to Rogers.

I have a work phone, which is an iPhone 6, and I want to have a personal phone so that I don't mix the 2. Don't want a big contract with At&T and the phone (Passport) is quite expensive with them. Plus, I already had my own blackberry, so I shouldn't be paying for another phone.

So I've had no choice but to go and use my old iPhone (5c) from work. Ending my long time legacy with Blackberry. It's been so many years now that I'm really upset about this. Rogers knows that it's a known issue and Blackberry should know as well that this is going on - so many reports of this not working all over the web. Between Rogers and Blackberry, someone should support their customer.

I will save up eventually to get a new Blackberry, because I love them and believe in their product.
    07-25-15 10:38 PM
    07-25-15 11:08 PM
    Q10 is no longer $600 my friend. You can actually pick one up pretty cheap between $80-$135 and sell or trade yours for an unlocked one. I am sure there is a rogers customer out there that would want it! Just sayin!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    07-25-15 11:12 PM
    Hope you will be back!
    07-25-15 11:26 PM
    Got all the success codes as per usual and showed unlocked, but when you put in a new SIM card, it doesn't work.
    You mean the SIM is not accepted (phone thinks it is still locked), or SIM is accepted but the phone doesn't work on a different network? Not that it matters because you have already decided to move to iPhone.
    07-26-15 07:53 AM