Im Trying To Get Another Phone off of Ebay.. But all the Bell Tours are more then I can afford at the moment.. so I was thinking of buying a unlocked verizon tour to save 100-200 dollars compaired to the bell. I was wondering would these work fine?

I Tryed Looking At Some Other posts, and its not looking good.. but the posts were fairly old.. so I was wondering if bell has changed any...

Also can someone send a link to explain the process of the unlocked phone and putting it on my network. (if its an option)

Thanks In Advance.
    Mr KP
    03-05-10 04:21 PM
    Only the GSM part of the phone would be unlocked, but as the Tour works on European HSPA, it wouldn't work on the Bell network. As for the CDMA side, i'm not sure you'd be able to unlock it and even if you could, Bell probably wouldn't accept it since the serial number wouldn't be registered in their system.

So i'd say, no. Wouldn't work.
    03-05-10 04:48 PM
    Just like Wicky said, unlocking just makes the SIM available to use on different GSM networks. Bell is CDMA, you would need to "flash" the phone for it to work. Once you do that Bell probably still won't allow it on their network.

You'll be much better off spending more to get a Bell one.
    03-05-10 05:17 PM
    So I Should Try And Find Another Bell Tour Phone... Well At Least On Ebay Phones Are Cheaper Then Retail, So Ill Cont. My Search For A Bell BB.
    Also, Would It Be Possible To Switch To A Bold Bell... Would That Cause Any Problems? (My Guess Is Not...But This Is My First Time Switching Phones While On A Plan)
    Thanks Again In Adv.
    Mr KP
    03-05-10 05:26 PM
    There wouldn't be any problems switching. I would even recommend it, it's a cheaper phone (30 day price) and the net is quite faster.
    03-05-10 07:07 PM
    Verizon Tours won't work on Bell because of the frequency bands incompatibility.
    03-05-10 10:11 PM
    Verizon Tours won't work on Bell because of the frequency bands incompatibility.
    +1 So will Sprint/Telus ones
    03-06-10 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD