Hi I need some help , I just bought the blackberry bold 9900 from tmobile but my carrier is att so I bought an unlocking code online and I unlocked it . It doesn't let me use the blackberry app world or use the facebook app. Just basicly any apps. What can I do so it'll let me use everything?
    06-02-12 04:32 PM
    Do you have a BlackBerry data plan (BIS)? Generic data plan will not work. You must have a BlackBerry specific BIS plan.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    06-02-12 04:44 PM
    T-Mobile phone do not work on AT&T 3G network - ever.

You must also have a proper BlackBerry data plan. Do you have one?
    06-02-12 04:50 PM
    Tmobile phones will work they just need to be unlocked. And no I still have my 5gb pro data plan. Do you know what the plan is called for att?
    06-02-12 04:55 PM
    T-Mobile phones will NOT work on AT&T 3G. The network frequencies are different. You will be able to make phone calls and texts as normal but all internet activity will be limited to a maximum speed of EDGE (if this is provided).

This has been discussed endless times on CrackBerry and it is a fact.

If you have not got a BlackBerry data plan then no internet services will work.
    06-02-12 05:25 PM
    The BlackBerry data plan is called BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). You need to call AT&T to have your current data plan changed to a BIS plan in order to use the Internet and any native BlackBerry apps such as App World, Facebook and email.
    06-02-12 05:34 PM
    See our blog for carrying over service books.
    Pete6 likes this.
    06-02-12 08:56 PM
    See our blog for carrying over service books.
    Nice blog guys. It is nice to see the program I wrote being used this way.
    06-03-12 06:24 AM
    The BlackBerry data plan is called BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). You need to call AT&T to have your current data plan changed to a BIS plan in order to use the Internet and any native BlackBerry apps such as App World, Facebook and email.
    @lak611 is correct. Follow this and you will get the service you need, but at EDGE speed, not 3G.
    06-03-12 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD