I picked up used unlocked tour (verizon branded) that someone had unlocked and was using with AT&T. Can I use this to go back to verizon? There is no sim car currently in the phone, but i supposedly get service?

I took it to verizon, they said there was service on the phone, but i know for a fact that the previous owner was using a SIM card. There is no sim currently in the phone.

I'm confused.
    02-04-10 01:07 PM
    It may bad a bad esn. If a phone has a bad esn verizon won't activate it. A phone gets a bad esn by someone reporting it stolen, or not paying the bill, and i think there are other ways too, but I'm not positive.
    02-04-10 01:10 PM
    Also, you don't need the SIM card for VZW. VZW/Sprint are CDMA carriers and don't use SIM cards. The SIM slot in the Tour/Storm/Storm2/etc. are for use out of the country.
    02-04-10 01:34 PM
    I picked up used unlocked tour (verizon branded) that someone had unlocked and was using with AT&T. Can I use this to go back to verizon? There is no sim car currently in the phone, but i supposedly get service?

I took it to verizon, they said there was service on the phone, but i know for a fact that the previous owner was using a SIM card. There is no sim currently in the phone.

I'm confused.
    Have you tried dialing 611 and see what the messages states?
    02-04-10 01:46 PM
    Well, i called 611 and it connected to a verizon rep. After asking me some normal questions, etc -- I dont know how she did it -- she directed me to try activating again and it worked. I got lucky with this ESN. I'll be more careful next time.
    Last edited by ocz800; 02-04-10 at 03:03 PM.
    02-04-10 02:57 PM
    Glad all worked out for you. You always want to be careful when buying a CDMA Blackberry in case the ESN is blocked.
    02-04-10 04:37 PM
    Thats awesome! Enjoy the Verizon network!!
    02-04-10 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD