Im completely new with BB..looking to buy one soon but I am stuck with Telus and they only offer the Storm and the 8330.

After reading and reading, it seems like the Bold is the best, overall, right now.

I heard a bit about unlocking and all, was just wondering if it is possible to buy a Bold, unlock it and get it work with telus.

If yes, is it legal and it is permanent or you would have to get it unlock a few times a month, a year, etc..

Thanks
    02-22-09 11:00 PM
    Im completely new with BB..looking to buy one soon but I am stuck with Telus and they only offer the Storm and the 8330.

After reading and reading, it seems like the Bold is the best, overall, right now.

I heard a bit about unlocking and all, was just wondering if it is possible to buy a Bold, unlock it and get it work with telus.

If yes, is it legal and it is permanent or you would have to get it unlock a few times a month, a year, etc..

Thanks
    AFAIK, unlocked is unlocked, no need to reunlock a phone.

I don't think GSM phones work on the CDMA networks. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the Bold is only offered in a GSM model.
    02-22-09 11:08 PM
    Here's a link to the Bold Specs:

(Must copy and paste, I don't have 10 posts yet. :P)

***na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/blackberrybold/bold_specifications.jsp***

At the bottom it includes wireless network specs.
    02-22-09 11:15 PM
    Bold is GSM only, no amount of unlocking will get it to work with a CDMA carrier.
    02-22-09 11:23 PM
    If you're already with Telus then you're out of luck if you want the Bold. But your next option is the Storm. I heard RIM's latest firmware is the best so far and it made the Storm even better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 11:27 PM
    U'd have to get a gms carried like rogers,att, tmobile etc.

02-22-09 11:36 PM
    GSM phones (locked / unlocked) will not work on a CDMA network ...
    02-23-09 02:58 AM
    yes. u cant use it on CDMA. unlocking it only frees the device to be used on other GSM networks
    02-23-09 03:53 AM
    Will not work. No matter what you do.

02-23-09 07:15 AM
    wait for a few months for either the magnum or pluto should be available by telus (click link below)

Featured | QuicklyBored
    02-23-09 08:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD