Hi, is there any way to unlock a Bold 9700 so it can work on VZW. I know it doesn't come out for a couple of weeks, but it looks really cool and I cannot use a touchscreen phone like the Storm. I want to buy it but it isn't available for VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 10:02 PM
    Verizon is CDMA... This is a GSM phone. Not possible.

The tour is the most comparable phone on their network.
    10-21-09 11:03 PM
    I think it is unlikely as Verizon is a CDMA carrier and the Bold 9700 is a GSM device. Now don't quote me on this as I've of people unlocking the BB tour and using it on AT&T. I'm someone with more knowledge than me will chime in here soon.
    10-21-09 11:05 PM
    The tour is basically the cdma 9700 without wifi and with a trackpad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 11:13 PM
    the tour can be unlocked as it has both a cdma chipset and a gsm chipset by shutting off the cdma one in settings you can use the gsm only for att and tmobile in the usa but you will only have edge(2g) not 3g like you would taking your tour to europe or somewhere else id say go with the tour man its a great phone if wifi and trackpad are a big issue for you hold out and get the essex which is basically a tour with wifi and trackpad same as 9700 should be released in 2010 possibly next summer
    10-21-09 11:19 PM
    Now don't quote me on this as I've of people unlocking the BB tour and using it on AT&T.
    That's possible because those phones have GSM hardware built in as well to make them usable overseas. GSM phones do not have CDMA hardware so it is not possible.
    10-21-09 11:19 PM
    the tour can be unlocked as it has both a cdma chipset and a gsm chipset by shutting off the cdma one in settings you can use the gsm only for att and tmobile in the usa but you will only have edge(2g) not 3g like you would taking your tour to europe or somewhere else id say go with the tour man its a great phone if wifi and trackpad are a big issue for you hold out and get the essex which is basically a tour with wifi and trackpad same as 9700 should be released in 2010 possibly next summer
    Wait...so what's the difference between the Essex and the Bold 9700 then? Just CDMA?
    10-22-09 02:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD