11-01-11 10:04 AM
29 12
tools
    Ok, after extensive research on what to do about my situation, i have come up with nothing so far. I have a bold 9700 that i bought which is locked to Bell Canada. now when i tried to unlock it, i found that there are no more lock attempts. so im here with a code that i purchased, but no way to input the code into the phone. now there is no mep2 screen. only mep4.
    Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance
    01-23-10 11:26 AM
    You will have to take it to a shop that does cable unlocking. They will have special software to unlock it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 12:22 PM
    thats what ive come up with so far. ive tried using jl cmder to wipe the o/s and reloaded it, but same outcome. i just dont know where i can take it to get that done. im in toronto ontario, most of the cellphone places that seem like they would do this stuff have no idea what to do
    01-23-10 02:17 PM
    You might try asking in the BB Unlocking forum. One of the unlockers that hang out in there may know of one in your area.

01-23-10 02:26 PM
    Some Telus and Bell 9700 are locked for MEP4. You need to buy code from one of reliable sources and code is almost 20 digit long. This is different than Rogers 9700 which is only about 10 digits and has MEP2 locked.

Once you get a correct MEP4 unlock code, type MEP4 then enter the long code. I unlocked at least eight 9700s so far without any problems.

Only problem I had was code given from one of unlockers was flat out wrong. Then they wanted me to send them information off the phone using a program - I said forget it, too much work. Then I tried cellunlock.net and they were able to give me correct code at once only using IMEI. No PIN, download this and that and email BS.

So, pick a reliable known working unlocker, get MEP4 code and just type it in.
    01-23-10 03:35 PM
    The op's problem is not the lack of a code. You have 10 attempts before a "hardlock" occurs.

The op has a hardlocked phone. It can still be unlocked, but not by ordinary means.

01-23-10 05:24 PM
    Ok, after extensive research on what to do about my situation, i have come up with nothing so far. I have a bold 9700 that i bought which is locked to Bell Canada. now when i tried to unlock it, i found that there are no more lock attempts. so im here with a code that i purchased, but no way to input the code into the phone. now there is no mep2 screen. only mep4.
    A code? You actually need two codes for Bell's 9700. What does it shows after typing MEPD?
    01-24-10 04:19 PM
    Some Telus and Bell 9700 are locked for MEP4. You need to buy code from one of reliable sources and code is almost 20 digit long. This is different than Rogers 9700 which is only about 10 digits and has MEP2 locked.

Once you get a correct MEP4 unlock code, type MEP4 then enter the long code. I unlocked at least eight 9700s so far without any problems.

Only problem I had was code given from one of unlockers was flat out wrong. Then they wanted me to send them information off the phone using a program - I said forget it, too much work. Then I tried cellunlock.net and they were able to give me correct code at once only using IMEI. No PIN, download this and that and email BS.

So, pick a reliable known working unlocker, get MEP4 code and just type it in.
    Don't know where you got 20 digits long LOL. Both the MEP2 and MEP4 codes are only 8 digits long. Roger's isn't 10 digits long. LOL.

Program readers is used to verify that the data such as imei's were not changed from the factory default.
    01-24-10 04:21 PM
    Does it say (0 Left) after typing mep4?
    01-26-10 03:14 AM
    thats what ive come up with so far. ive tried using jl cmder to wipe the o/s and reloaded it, but same outcome. i just dont know where i can take it to get that done. im in toronto ontario, most of the cellphone places that seem like they would do this stuff have no idea what to do
    Have you've found a place in TO to unlock the MEP? Have you found a solution? I live in TO, also.
    05-23-10 01:43 AM
    Have you've found a place in TO to unlock the MEP? Have you found a solution? I live in TO, also.
    We have a Service Center in Montreal where it can be done.
    05-23-10 10:24 AM
    We have a Service Center in Montreal where it can be done.
    I'd recommend visiting these guys they will get you taken care of.
    05-23-10 10:38 AM
    is there a cable unlocking place in toronto?.. i have the same thing
    07-05-10 11:26 PM

You can find many unlockers in TO near Pape area. I used craigslist to find them out.
    07-07-10 01:58 PM
    Which phone do you have?
    07-07-10 02:09 PM
    If you need a MEP4 code, which is the case with Bell Canada, email me your imei, I will do it for free.
    In case you have no attempts on the unlock counter and need still to enter the codes this is more complicated, see this link
    Mail-in repair service for hardlocked Blackberry 9700 Bold w/ blocked counter - Mobile phone unlocking from Cellcorner.com
    10-16-10 10:50 AM
    If you need a MEP4 code, which is the case with Bell Canada, email me your imei, I will do it for free.
    In case you have no attempts on the unlock counter and need still to enter the codes this is more complicated, see this link
    Mail-in repair service for hardlocked Blackberry 9700 Bold w/ blocked counter - Mobile phone unlocking from Cellcorner.com
    Hi, my name is Alicia....saw your post on crackberry forum..Hoping u could help me with a free unlock code for my Blackberry Bold 9700..

My imei number is 358428039833398

My email address is liciaharri@gmail.com

01-29-11 12:11 PM
    DO not post IMEI info in the forum.
    01-29-11 12:23 PM
    Hi Alicia,

Any of us unlockers can help you get a code for your phone within a few minutes at most. You can submit your order through either of our websites
    01-29-11 01:37 PM
    Hi, my name is Alicia....saw your post on crackberry forum..Hoping u could help me with a free unlock code for my Blackberry Bold 9700..

My imei number is 35842803xxxxxxxxx

As mentioned above, any of us unlockers here can help you unlock you Blackberry in no time. We can email you the unlock code in a few minutes.
    01-29-11 03:29 PM

My imei number is 358428039833398

Hi Alicia,

We can help you unlock your phone if you need! check signature or pm us.

As for 0 attempts left. You can craigslist "phone unlocking" or yellow book it. a lot of local unlocker's can probably help you.

it will cost more than normal unlocking fyi
    01-29-11 04:04 PM
    Its better that you take your phone to a local repair shop where they reset it by cable using specialized software, rather trying yourself, you may render the BB unusable while trying to tweak it.
    01-29-11 05:52 PM
    Google is your friend my dear...
    01-31-11 09:32 AM
    Google is your friend my dear...

google can be vague sometimes, but sometimes it can work. i've suggeste a few of my customers craigslist or yellowbook it and you can get a lot more localized specific results

also cellunlock does this kind of unlocking as well.
    02-03-11 12:52 PM
    Only way to unlock 9700 with counter 0 is with DM3 and there are a few of us authorized service centers for Canada & USA.
    02-03-11 05:57 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD