I have a Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 that is almost brand new. I recently switched to verizon, and my question is what do I have to do to get my bb to work on verizons network? It does have a sim card. If I go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card, it says on the top of the screen "SIM Card: Security Disabled" and has an ID: #. I tried logging on my verizon account and when I enter my MEID # it tells me that its not compatible. Thanks for any help
    Last edited by smokinpete379; 12-19-10 at 03:19 PM.
    12-19-10 02:58 PM
    Neither Verizon nor Sprint will activate a phone sold by the other on their network. It doesn't matter that you have a SIM card. Sprint and Verizon are CDMA carriers and don't use the SIM. You can't use a Sprint 9650 on Verizon.
    12-19-10 03:18 PM
    JeffH is right. You cannot use this phone on Verizon.
    12-19-10 04:46 PM
    if you wanted to unlock your sprint phone for other gsm networks you could but not verizon. they arne't buddies when it comes to that
    12-19-10 11:53 PM
    Thanks for the info !
    12-20-10 06:56 AM
    yup no problem glad we could help!
    01-03-11 04:25 PM
    Your welcome.
    01-03-11 05:43 PM
    I have a Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650 that is almost brand new. I recently switched to verizon, and my question is what do I have to do to get my bb to work on verizons network? It does have a sim card. If I go to Options/Advanced Options/SIM card, it says on the top of the screen "SIM Card: Security Disabled" and has an ID: #. I tried logging on my verizon account and when I enter my MEID # it tells me that its not compatible. Thanks for any help
    Will not work as mentioned above, your best option would be to sell it and buy a Verizon branded 9650.

All Sprint 9650's are sold already unlocked so you can even sell to someone who wants to use it with ATT or T-Mobile.
    01-04-11 01:03 PM
    last sprint blackberry sold locked was the tour if i'm not mistaken. since than they have had several blackbery's pre-unlocked.
    01-05-11 11:47 AM
    Only the first batch were locked, then Sprint released them unlocked.
    01-05-11 12:02 PM
    I have an Alltel Bold that I'd like to use on US Cellular. I've talked to 3 or 4 reps at different stores, each said that Alltel and USC use different channels, so it can't be done. I then called Customer Service ans got a "fuzzy" answer to the question: "they probably use different frequencies for communicating with the towers, and it's our policy to activate only phones purchased from USC." Does anyone know whether it really can or can't be done??
    01-26-11 09:32 PM
    With CDMA phones, the correct question is not "Can it be done?" but rather "Will my carrier activate a phone they did not sell?" With Verizon and Sprint, the answer to the second question is "Never." The smaller, regional carriers like USCellular sometimes will. But if Customer Service told you their policy is to not, then that's your answer. You can't unlock it and add it to their network. They have to activate it. If they won't, they won't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    berrysmith likes this.
    01-26-11 09:39 PM
    I have an Alltel Bold that I'd like to use on US Cellular. I've talked to 3 or 4 reps at different stores, each said that Alltel and USC use different channels, so it can't be done. I then called Customer Service ans got a "fuzzy" answer to the question: "they probably use different frequencies for communicating with the towers, and it's our policy to activate only phones purchased from USC." Does anyone know whether it really can or can't be done??
    Jeff is right. In order to be able to use with another CDMA carrier you would need to use it with a provider that has an "Open ESN Policy" and you would also need to get it flashed/programmed to the settings of that carrier.

You can unlock your Bold and use it with GSM companies such as AT&T/T-Mobile.
    01-27-11 08:19 PM
    @cellunlocknet that's a very helpful piece of information
    01-28-11 09:44 AM
    Sorry it won't work. You will need to purchase a Verizon branded device.
    01-28-11 10:42 AM

your best bet is to unlock for gsm networks or stick with alltel
    01-29-11 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD