Hello all u kind folks. This is my first post here, so bare with me.
    I have a BB Bold 9000 w/ att service. Im in Afghanastan. Would like to use my phone here to call home. I have international roaming, but for 2.50 a min., **** that!!! LOL!!! I called att to unlock my phone...after calling several times( using skype) and having someone sympathetic to my problems, they sent me the unlock code.
    I went through the steps provided....went to purchase a sim card....teller installed it...sim card not valid appeared....teller said, " its not unlocked".
    Now i have a couple of questions here:

1. When i installed or whatever u call it, the code, should the phone have did flips, showed rainbow colors, exploded in my hand, or simply said, " congrats jackass, your phone is unlocked! " or something? Because it didnt do or say anything! I called att for assistant, the tech who talked to me said he didnt think it was to say or do anything. But he didnt sound to sure.

2. The unlock code is all numbers. Should i press the alt key to enter those numbers or jus press the key with the numbers on them. In one of the steps, it ask you to press the alt to get a specific number on that step, but doesnt advise u to that when enter unlock code. Asked tech, he sounded unsure again, and said i should have to press alt for numbers.

3. It says reboot...not remove batt. Is removing batt " rebooting"?

I tried both ways pressing alt and not, but still no rainbow/flips/exploding or congrats on phone. The instructions said if i tried more than five times, it will be permanent locked to att. I'm on third try. I havent tried pulling batt after code entry.

Any help is appreciated. Sorry for the long text, but wanted to be thorough. I posted this in another location, so sorry if it caused a problem.

BDOGGG
    01-02-10 09:39 AM
    Uhhh...yeah no flips, all it says is code accepted.

<---Watch this.
    01-02-10 10:29 AM
    Blackberry 9700, 9630, 9000, 8900, 88xx, 8520, 83xx
    1. Go to settings menu and then Options
    2. Select Advanced options and then SIM card
    3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)
    4. Type MEP2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEP2)
    5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received and press in the trackball dial to confirm
    6. Your phone is now unlocked
    01-02-10 11:26 AM
    Thanks Bla1ze and Carrier for the replies.
    So, no flips. But it should say " code accepted "?
    I also, by directions in another section here, typed in "mepd" to see if it was unlock and everything was disabled except network.
    Carrier....do i need to turn off network( att said i did in there directions)? And do i need to press "alt" b4 entering each number?
    I will probably have tried all ur suggestions b4 u guys or gals answer back, but i just wanted to add those questions in......hope i'm not being a pest.
    01-02-10 11:49 AM
    Make sure you do exceed your attempts. It may be a bad code then.
    01-02-10 12:08 PM
    I tell u what, Carrier...Bla1ze, I did what u guys or gals said. Open the link to the video on the TUBE. Followed along with the dude. Went to Options, and so forth and so forth. Punched in code...and BAM....code accepted!!!! No flips or rainbows, but it accepted code. Which was more than it did the other 3 times!!! And the instructions are different, provided by Carrier and the Link provided by Bla1ze( given u people props!!!), than the att instructions sent to me by att. I think the difference was they tell you to hold down the CAPS button while entering mepd. It didnt make a difference entering the first mepd, but it did when entering mepd2.
    Dont know, but the "Active" disabled under network. And i got code accepted. Will try to purchase that card again 2mrw. Will let ya'll know how it goes.
    And i wont be so long winded next time. Thankx again!!!!
    01-02-10 12:35 PM
    Glad all worked out for you...enjoy your unlocked 9000
    01-03-10 01:17 AM
    Purchased card. Alls good guys and gals. Thankx again.
    01-07-10 11:31 AM
    Glad to hear! Enjoy!
    01-07-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD