Hi Guys,

Just joined your forum after purchasing an unwanted Blackbury Bold 9000 upgrade for 150 The problem I have is the phone is locked to T-Mobile and I am on O2 I purchased an unlock code but when I entered it I go an error code and it turns out that someone had tried to unlock the phone 9 times before I got it.

Any advice on how I could get myself out of this mess would be most appreciated.

tMike
    10-20-09 02:42 PM
    First of all, its "BlackBerry", not "Blackbury"..
    I have read somewhere that if you enter the wrong unlock for a certain number of times, it will get permanently locked to the carrier. I would recommend contacting the seller and tell him to contact tmobile for the unlock code...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-09 04:18 PM
    You have 1 more try to unlock it. Use a reputable unlocker to unlock it for you..there are a few on here that can do it for you at a very reasonable rate
    10-20-09 04:49 PM
    You have 1 more try to unlock it. Use a reputable unlocker to unlock it for you..there are a few on here that can do it for you at a very reasonable rate
    Hi Mate, Tried to PM you but was unable to due to being new to this site.

Thanks for the reply, I tried to unlock my phone via ThePhoneUnlocker online which sold me 8 codes for 14.99 which did not work - I took it to my local phone shop today and they tried to unlock it with the correct code but could not do so because the phone just keeps on comming up with an error code. He said that I should try and reflash it and then try and unlock it - can U help me with that or advise on how to get the phone to unlock - any help would be appreciated.

I tried to contact the seller but am unable to because I purchased my BB from a market and the seller has moved on.

tMike.
    10-21-09 03:28 PM
    Flashing the phone has been known to reset the counter, but very rarely. You have no chance in unlocking the phone via code..did the guy in the store try to do it by cable? Or code?
    10-21-09 04:13 PM
    Flashing the phone has been known to reset the counter, but very rarely. You have no chance in unlocking the phone via code..did the guy in the store try to do it by cable? Or code?
    Hi Mate,

He tried to do it by code.

tMike
    10-22-09 10:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD