I plan on unlocking my T-Mobile Blackberry Curve 8900, to be used with a AT&T SIM card. I wanted to lists some things that I learned and correct me if Im wrong because some steps I didn't understand so clearly.

*when unlocking a t mobile blackberry you can not use a at&t sim card nor no sim card at all.

*can be used with an active or inactive t-mobile sim.

P.S. just wondering, why are we unlocking the sim cards id. when we are unlocking the phone?
    09-06-09 03:26 PM
    Firstly - I have a T-Mobile 8900, Unlocked, with an AT&T Sim Card in it. I love it.

*when unlocking a t mobile blackberry you can not use a at&t sim card nor no sim card at all.
    I used none. My phone didn't have one in it. I just turned it on, went to the menu, and did it. That being said, there is a SMALL chance I'm miss-remembering, because I did mine back in Feburary/March.

*can be used with an active or inactive t-mobile sim.
    In the event I used a T-Mobile Simcard, mine was inactive. But I'm pretty sure I didn't.
    09-06-09 03:53 PM
    one more question, if Im having my friend, who has a t-mobile service call in for the unlock code, do I need to have his sim card in there? or does it not matter.
    09-06-09 03:58 PM
    one more question, if Im having my friend, who has a t-mobile service call in for the unlock code, do I need to have his sim card in there? or does it not matter.
    Well - it depends.

I know their system takes a few hours/few days to update what phone you have - I know this because my co-worker used to have T-Mobile, and they didn't notice the change right away when he moved over a sim card to do an insurance claim on his phone. (He moved it to the blackberry, and tried to do a claim from the work phone, and they told him it was on his other phone still).

Your friend can just explain - "Hey, I just got the phone today. But I'm leaving town in a few days." Should work. Hopefully. I didn't do it that way, I paid like $12 and had it done online.

Good luck. Welcome to the family!
    09-06-09 04:12 PM
    ok. Ill try that. thanks for all the help.
    09-06-09 04:21 PM
    @MichaelKim, if you need this thread reopened for any reason,
    please shoot me or any other Moderator a PM.
    09-06-09 11:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD