Hi everyone,
    I just bought a Blackberry Pearl from my friend. It is almost new and working fine. It is an ATT phone and not yet connected to any network. I will be going to Europe for a few months and want my phone to be unlocked so I can use it. The only thing is what if that phone was ever placed on a stolen/lost list (i got a really good deal on it that's why I am a bit suspicious). I am not going to use it in the States but wonder if I can get in trouble by unlocking it here thru one of those remote unlocking services? Do unlocking businesses contact service providers for unlocking code?
    03-09-08 07:15 PM
    No, there is no law against purchasing used phones.
    03-09-08 07:32 PM
    it should be cool
    03-09-08 07:38 PM
    Call AT&T they should be able to unlock it for you at no charge. Also you may have to have service for several months before they would do this for you. Of course you can always try to find someone other than the provider to do it for you as well.
    03-09-08 10:14 PM
    Some carriers required 90 days of service and your account in good standing. So call them first and inquire.

If not, a reputable unlocker is at HorizonWirelessOnline.com - Horizon Wireless, Canada’s Cellular Repair Center

Good pricing too. You can tell him I told you.
    03-09-08 10:23 PM
    at&t sim card in a t-moible blackberry 8100 can i do it.
    03-10-08 01:26 AM
    at&t sim card in a t-moible blackberry 8100 can i do it.
    if the T-mobile BB is unlocked, then you can.
    03-10-08 01:37 AM