I recently purchased a blackberry pearl from a friend, then found out it was locked through att. I called att for the code and they would not release it due to the previous owner of the phone having a past due bill.
    Does anyone know where i can go to get the code for free??? Every site I have searched so far charge various amounts for the unlock code and I was told there was a place to get it totally free online... I just can't seem to locate it.
    I am also not sure how to determine the exact model of my blackberry pearl. Is there a way to tell by looking at the phone?
    Please Help me if you can.
    06-23-09 02:43 PM
    I wouldn't think that they would lock the phone over that, just cut off service. They don't own the phone anymore and should not be able to do that. Even if the bill is past due the user owns the phone and can do what they wish with it.
    06-23-09 03:20 PM
    I doubt that free unlocking site exists but if it does, that's even better.
    I'm not sure as to why AT&T is doing what they're doing...
    To tell which model Pearl you have go to Options > About. It should be 81XX. What are the last two digits? If it's an AT&T Pearl, I'm guessing 8110.
    06-23-09 03:50 PM
    Try calling AT&T again and speak to another rep. Just keep calling until someone is friendly enough to help you out.
    06-23-09 04:45 PM
    I agree. Just be super nice to them...
    06-23-09 09:55 PM
    Call AT&T. You should only be giving them your current number, not the user.

Unless you don't have AT&T in which your device info says you do.

Also, if you are on AT&T, what's the need for the unlock code?
    07-05-09 01:50 PM
    bongowireless.com can unlock bb's
    09-07-09 05:56 PM
    CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking! Has always been helpful with unlocking, and they have even given many free unlock codes out to fellow crackberry users. I'd always recommend them.
    09-07-09 07:07 PM
    Let me know if you still need help finding a reliable Unlocker!
    09-15-09 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD