How can I confirm that my Sprint Blackberry Tour is unlocked? I tried to use an AT&T SIM card in my phone, but the network was still displayed as Sprint. Does this mean the phone is locked or unlocked?
    11-02-09 07:52 PM
    Go to Manage Connections on the home screen. Then Select Mobile Network Options. Then under network technology select GSM/UMTS. Make sure to change it back to 1XEV for best stability when you aren't using a sim card.
    11-02-09 07:58 PM
    Go to options>advanced options>simcard then type mepd and network should say disabled next to it...

If it looks like ^ then your phone is unlocked. Also do what ipodtouch1234 said in the above post...
    11-02-09 09:07 PM
    Go to Manage Connections on the home screen. Then Select Mobile Network Options. Then under network technology select GSM/UMTS. Make sure to change it back to 1XEV for best stability when you aren't using a sim card.
    I was able to make a call using my friend's AT&T SIM, however the caller ID still showed that I was calling. If the phone is unlocked, should it show my Friend's name in the caller ID?
    11-04-09 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD