okay i bought a blackberry torch 9800 and i wanna unlock it so it will work with Cincinnati bell I- Wireless i whent to one of the i wireless stores and they told me they could unlock it but talk and text would only work so i whent to another store and they said the mms and internet would work too so what i am wanting to know if anybody lives in the cincinnati area to know if this is true and if so is there a site that i can unlock it and know for sure that everything talk text and internet will work so i dont have to pay 35 dollars at a store to do it if u need to know anything else let me know i will be checking back at the forum all day

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-11 08:09 PM
    If cincinati bell offers blackberry specific plans (BIS) and you have an unlocked torch, then it should work fine... Without a blackberry data plan, cartain features, and apps, will not work properly, even if you are using wifi... Call customer service to see if you can get a blackberry data plan.

You can get your torch unlocked for free @ : FreeMyBlackBerry.com

galouchee likes this.
    04-04-11 08:16 PM
    There are many reliable unlockers here who provide quick delivery.
    04-04-11 08:28 PM
    Okay so i got a unlock code on ebay for a dollar thx guys that was a;lot cheaper then going to the store so i unlocked it on the torch it says my mobile network is cincinnati bell and where it shows how many bars u have it says edge but internet is not working when i try to open ther facebook app it says you are not currently on a service plan that does not support this application if u want to use this app please contact your service provider and upgrade your plan??? So does this show i have the internet

04-04-11 11:25 PM
    Okay so i got a unlock code on ebay for a dollar thx guys that was a;lot cheaper then going to the store so i unlocked it on the torch it says my mobile network is cincinnati bell and where it shows how many bars u have it says edge but internet is not working when i try to open ther facebook app it says you are not currently on a service plan that does not support this application if u want to use this app please contact your service provider and upgrade your plan??? So does this show i have the internet

As said before you need to be on a plan which has BIS enabled contact your carrier and see if they will activate it for you.
    04-05-11 01:06 AM
    As said before you need to be on a plan which has BIS enabled contact your carrier and see if they will activate it for you.
    +1, also, if you are only getting GRPS/EDGE you might have to enable the phone's settings for 3G coverage, providing they cincinati bell offers 3G?...

04-05-11 05:38 AM
    okay so i unlocked the blackberry torch and put in my cincinnati bell sim card and when i try to get onlione it says something about the services books and i need to contact my provider to config now i have seen some things about the services books on other forms i just dont remember where they was does anybody know what i am talking about and what i can do to fix it
    04-05-11 12:28 PM
    Log into your carrier's Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) site (google search for cincinati bell blackberry internet service). Once you log in there, ensure the proper device pin is registered to your bis account, and then chose "resend service books".

If you do not have a BIS account, call your carrier, they are the ones to set it up for you

04-05-11 12:31 PM
    okay so i whent to cincinnati bell store today they said since i was not on the smart phone plan is why the internet don t work witch make sence they said as soon as i add the 60 dollar smart phone plan that it would work but i stuck a buddys cincinnati bell sim card in and he has everything pays like 120 a month and it would not work said i need my network provider to config my phone and my service books witch dont make sence if the guy at the store said it would work with no problem

04-06-11 06:28 PM
    If cincinati bell offers blackberry specific plans (BIS) and you have an unlocked torch, then it should work fine... Without a blackberry data plan, cartain features, and apps, will not work properly, even if you are using wifi... Call customer service to see if you can get a blackberry data plan.

You can get your torch unlocked for free @ : FreeMyBlackBerry.com

Didn't know that site, looking forward to use it tought since its free?! Any comments on delivery time and service, was always satisfied with cellunlock.net but free that'S pretty good!
    04-06-11 09:17 PM
    2g blackberry edge network cincinnati bell internet slow
    frequency okay so i when"t to Cincinnati bell and got on the blackberry plan and my phone works not internet mms and everything but they said they are on 3g but the data plan is different they said if i had a cincinnati bell plan or a t mobile phone then the data would be on 3 g but since i have a att phone it use the 2 g frequency so what i am asking is there anyway i can speed my my internet and mms or can i change my frequency so it will work on 3 g please help 2g is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

04-11-11 12:31 PM
    2g blackberry edge network cincinnati bell internet slow
    frequency okay so i when"t to Cincinnati bell and got on the blackberry plan and my phone works not internet mms and everything but they said they are on 3g but the data plan is different they said if i had a cincinnati bell plan or a t mobile phone then the data would be on 3 g but since i have a att phone it use the 2 g frequency so what i am asking is there anyway i can speed my my internet and mms or can i change my frequency so it will work on 3 g please help 2g is slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

It is not possible. Cincinnati Bell uses different 3G frequency bands than AT&T. If you want 3G on Cincinnati Bell, you need a Cincinnati Bell branded 3G device or an unlocked T-Mobile branded 3G device. Cincinnati Bell and T-Mobile use the same 3G frequency bands, but AT&T's are different.

Your only option for faster data and simultaneous use of data/voice is Wi-Fi.
    04-11-11 12:46 PM
    Mobilicity and Wind mobile blackberries will work on tmobile and cincinnati bell once unlocked.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-11-11 02:45 PM
    Mobilicity and Wind mobile blackberries will work on tmobile and cincinnati bell once unlocked.
    Yes. I forgot to mention those.
    04-11-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD