Ok I have a BB Storm 9530 that is on the Verizon Wireless network. However I do not have a plan with Verizon, I have one with AT&T. Who do I call to get the phone unlocked for free: Verizon or AT&T? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    10-05-09 06:07 PM
    neither. You will have to get one from one of the unlocking sites, or win one in a contest if you do not want to pay. The only way it would be unlocked from Verizon is you would have to have an account with with them in good standing for at least 90 days I believe. If you are using it on At&t does that mean it is already unlocked....?
    10-05-09 06:10 PM
    Could I use a friend's account?
    10-05-09 06:11 PM
    I am not sure if it will work, he could try and say he picked it up off the internet and would like to have it unlocked, I am not sure if it has to be active though.
    10-05-09 06:13 PM
    AT&T won't give you an unlock code for a Verizon cell phone. And Verizon won't give you an unlock code because you don't have a plan with them.

However, you could buy an unlock code from CellUnlock.net Wireless-Your #1 Source for Accessories, Parts, Repairs, Service & Unlocking! or another site if you can find a good price.

Once you have the unlock code, on your blackberry go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card and then show the keyboard by pressing the BlackBerry button, then pressing Show Keyboard, type in MEPD, then type in MEP2 and enter in the unlock code. Warning: Do not try guessing the unlock code as your attempts will not come back and if you run out of attempts your phone will be permanently locked.
    10-05-09 06:15 PM
    These guys are right. In order to get a free unlock code from Verizon, you need an account with them for 90+ days. Your friend may be able to do it, but I would imagine that he/she would have to de-activate their phone in order to put yours on their line. Whether they're willing to do that is between you two

However, I can unlock your Verizon Storm for you within 5 minutes of you sending payment (between 10am-10pm EST atleast). Costs $15 CDN and is QUICK!

Let me know if you have any questions about the service
    10-05-09 06:41 PM
    why did you post the same thing again?
    10-06-09 11:54 AM
    These guys are right. In order to get a free unlock code from Verizon, you need an account with them for 90+ days. Your friend may be able to do it, but I would imagine that he/she would have to de-activate their phone in order to put yours on their line. Whether they're willing to do that is between you two

However, I can unlock your Verizon Storm for you within 5 minutes of you sending payment (between 10am-10pm EST atleast). Costs $15 CDN and is QUICK!

Let me know if you have any questions about the service
    Per the TOS of this website, you need to fix your Signature as it is NOT to contain any type of 3rd party advertising as stated in MY signature block.
    10-07-09 07:14 AM
    i'll try... I remember when i was 16 and broke as He** post it here tomorrow around this time.
    10-08-09 11:25 AM
    Ive tried MANY unlocking companies and the TheRemoteUnlocker.com - Welcome - people are by far the best, quickest and HONEST.

Go there if your netowrk wont do it for ya...
    10-08-09 05:11 PM
    Thanks DD214! I really appreciate the positive feedback! Let me know if I can ever do anything else for you!!

Ive tried MANY unlocking companies and the TheRemoteUnlocker.com - Welcome - people are by far the best, quickest and HONEST.

Go there if your netowrk wont do it for ya...
    10-08-09 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD