I have a Blackberry storm locked to Verizon. Im on at&t and dont have a verizon account. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me because i really don't have the money to buy a code online. Thanks
    03-06-10 12:26 PM
    You don't have any other option. The codes are device specific and it takes special software to generate them. Only people who can get you the code are VZW and an unlocking service. And since you're not a VZW customer, you can wipe them off the list. Isn't it only $15 or something to have it done online?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 01:15 PM
    Yes but I don't have the money to spend on a code. Im pretty sure there are some nice people out there that can do it for you.
    03-06-10 01:49 PM
    It should only be about $10 with the 50% off codes like cb50 (can't remember exact code) at Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net. I did that for mine and it was very easy.
    03-06-10 08:04 PM
    You have a crackberry and you cant afford a unlock code? Wonder how you will afford to pay the data plan then.
    03-06-10 11:52 PM
    I violate one of the rules because I don't have a data plan, I try to be as simple as I can just to get by but have an amazing phone.
    03-07-10 12:09 AM
    I'm sorry but a BlackBerry with no data plan is Anne Frank with no diaries. Nobody would be interested. Just pay the money.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-10 08:36 AM
    Sorry only the carrier can release the code for free, the code must be purchased from us or any other 3rd party unlocker on here.
    03-07-10 10:38 AM
    I violate one of the rules because I don't have a data plan, I try to be as simple as I can just to get by but have an amazing phone.
    So basically, you want to use the BlackBerry as a "plain old" phone, because without the BB Data Plan, that is the only thing you'll be able to do with it. You'll get calls, SMS, and MMS messages. You'll have an "amazing phone" that gets no BBM, email, or BIS. Sure sounds cool to me. No, not so much...
    You're in for a real treat when AT&T detects that you have a BB, which they WILL, and automatically adds the BB Data Plan to your account.

Jack
    03-07-10 04:34 PM
    I have a Blackberry storm locked to Verizon. Im on at&t and dont have a verizon account. I would really appreciate if somebody could help me because i really don't have the money to buy a code online. Thanks
    We or any 3rd party unlocker here can get the code for your Verizon Storm.
    03-07-10 05:02 PM
    Let us know if you need any help unlocking your phone
    03-07-10 09:56 PM
    So basically, you want to use the BlackBerry as a "plain old" phone, because without the BB Data Plan, that is the only thing you'll be able to do with it. You'll get calls, SMS, and MMS messages. You'll have an "amazing phone" that gets no BBM, email, or BIS. Sure sounds cool to me. No, not so much...
    You're in for a real treat when AT&T detects that you have a BB, which they WILL, and automatically adds the BB Data Plan to your account.

Jack
    Apparently they are adding Data plan automatically once their systems notices you are using a Blackberry.
    03-08-10 09:44 AM
    Lol why are you guys giving him a hard time? I've seen plenty of kids using BB's for texting or adults using it as a calendar/mp3 player..although I personally don't understand it, doesn't mean that everyone needs a data plan for their bb..thus not necessarily having to afford one. Need I remind people that the 8100, 8220 and 8520 are fairly low end phones being marketed to youth and not business users)?
    03-08-10 04:48 PM
    In the US with AT&T you no longer have a choice. They detect you are using a Blackberry and they will add the Data plan....ridiculous but true.
    03-08-10 04:54 PM
    Absolutely...nothing wrong with using a Blackberry for Voice and SMS only. (if your provider allows it )
    03-10-10 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD