Im looking for a bit of advise or help. I bought a blackberry storm 9500 of ebay ive taken it to numerous places to get unlocked and both have came back and said they couldnt. Is there a way i can unlock by other mean eg software ive also been advised that the attempts to put in unlock code has expire no more attempts. Does anyone have any suggestions
    12-01-09 09:15 AM
    unlockkings
    12-01-09 09:35 AM
    Not sure if there IS a fix for this, BUT I will move this to the Blackberry Unlocking Forum, hopefully the pros there can answer your question.
    12-01-09 09:40 AM
    You get 10 chances to correctly enter the code. The code is unique to your device, so you can't just randomly pick characters. I believe that once you've exceeded the 10 attempt threshold you're locked out (so to speak) from being able to unlock the device, but I could certainly be wrong.

As far as software, yes, there is software that exists to generate an unlock code. BUT - it's highly proprietary and covered by loads of patents and trademarks, and RIM doesn't take kindly to it. The mods do a good job of eliminating posts that address it by name, as it jeopardizes CB potentially.
    12-01-09 09:44 AM
    It can still be done with legit software, but it has to be unlocked via cable software. You just need to find a legitimate shop that knows what they are doing beforehand.
    12-01-09 10:49 AM
    If there are no more attempts left for entering the unlock code, isn't the OP just out of luck? Wouldn't that mean that, even if he/she gets the right code, they still will not be able to successfully enter it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-09 11:53 AM
    I'm not talking about a code. Even after 0 attempts you can still unlock it via cable software.
    12-01-09 11:55 AM
    Im looking for a bit of advise or help. I bought a blackberry storm 9500 of ebay ive taken it to numerous places to get unlocked and both have came back and said they couldnt. Is there a way i can unlock by other mean eg software ive also been advised that the attempts to put in unlock code has expire no more attempts. Does anyone have any suggestions
    If you have 0 attempts left, only was we can do it is by having the actual phone.
    12-01-09 12:20 PM
    Check to see if it was unlocked already. Buying it off of Ebay maybe the seller attempted to unlock it or did unlock it.

Its a thought..
    12-01-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD