A good friend of mine gave me his Verizon locked Blackberry Storm 9530. I went on line and bought an unlock code for 15.00. I read the instructions, I put in the code and it seems the code was bogus. I emailed and got a second code ( code was now a 16 digit number ) it did not take it. On the last attempt I realized that the pop up screens were not coming up anymore. I emailed the company ( unlocking.com ) and they have sent me a couple of emails with work arounds. None have worked. On my last communication, the person wrote me and asked me what did it say on the Network line, it says it's blocked. Now from reading around it looks as if I may have harmed the unit by doing the unlock code too many times. Is there a way to unlock or unblock the feature. Did I get duped? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jewtina
    11-04-10 01:05 PM
    Once it says BLOCKED, the only way to unlock it is going to be in a store..by entering the code too many times you hardlocked the phone

I'd be asking for my money back, then find someone locally that can unlock it
    11-04-10 08:06 PM
    im sorry, im having the same problem but i didnt really understand the solution youre giving
    or are you saying there is no solution for this problem???
    please i need help
    11-04-10 10:18 PM
    im sorry, im having the same problem but i didnt really understand the solution youre giving
    or are you saying there is no solution for this problem???
    please i need help
    You need to take the device to a shop that does cable unlocking. Codes will not unlock it, but if a shop has the hardware and software they can unlock it but they need physical possession of the device.
    11-05-10 12:01 AM
    We can unlock it but need to have the phone physically sent to us.
    11-05-10 04:25 PM
    I have bought 3 Blackberry Storm 9530's at different times over 2010 storm on ebay and each seller swore they were unlocked. I am a US citizen living in Costa Rica and must use ICE(GOVT AGENCY) for my cell phone. I purchased a Nokia here from ICE but really want a Storm that will work.All three of these storms showed under the advanced options "network-BLOCKED meaning they were hardlocked from the getgo. I never saw a "0" trys left and the "bLOCKED" was always on first try. What can I do. I return to the states every 3 months and January is coming up. I go to Saraqsota, Florida. If a company there needs the phone physically-then I can bring it with me or ship it whereever from Florida.
    11-21-10 10:52 PM
    Cellunlocknet has a location is Miami, send them a email
    11-22-10 05:08 PM
    A good friend of mine gave me his Verizon locked Blackberry Storm 9530. I went on line and bought an unlock code for 15.00. I read the instructions, I put in the code and it seems the code was bogus. I emailed and got a second code ( code was now a 16 digit number ) it did not take it. On the last attempt I realized that the pop up screens were not coming up anymore. I emailed the company ( unlocking.com ) and they have sent me a couple of emails with work arounds. None have worked. On my last communication, the person wrote me and asked me what did it say on the Network line, it says it's blocked. Now from reading around it looks as if I may have harmed the unit by doing the unlock code too many times. Is there a way to unlock or unblock the feature. Did I get duped? Inquiring minds want to know.

Jewtina
    You will need to take it into a local store and have them use software to fix it. but it will cost more than just "unlocking" it, because it is a process. After you do that make sure you contact us, one of the seller's on the forums here, or a trusted seller to help you unlock it. And be careful not to use up all the 10 tries.
    11-24-10 10:08 AM
    Hi
    My name is natalie I just bought a bb Strom 9550 and I have not been able to use it here in Costa Rica.
    It is unloicked I bought it in miami.
    I've gone o several ICE and no one seems to know how to activate a BB.

Which ICE did you go to? or what do I need to do to activaed it ?

Thanks
    Natalie
    06-30-11 02:02 AM
    Hi
    My name is natalie I just bought a bb Strom 9550 and I have not been able to use it here in Costa Rica.
    It is unloicked I bought it in miami.
    I've gone o several ICE and no one seems to know how to activate a BB.

Which ICE did you go to? or what do I need to do to activaed it ?

Thanks
    Natalie
    Make sure you have it set to gsm/umts on the device.
    06-30-11 02:03 AM
    I do no one here knows how to activate it
    06-30-11 02:14 AM
    What does it mean by APN list is empty??
    06-30-11 02:17 AM
    What does it mean by APN list is empty??
    Means your carrier pan settings are not there
    06-30-11 01:55 PM
    yes agree with CarrierUnlock...
    08-03-11 12:55 PM
    We can unlock it for you, but must have the device present in order to do so.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=36.302991,-119.317113
    08-03-11 10:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD