Hi,

Basically was given a passed-down BB Curve 8310 on T-Mobile, had it unlocked a year ago and worked perfectly on the British network Fresh (which incidentally piggy-backs off T-Mobile).

Decided I wanted to change contracts (ASDA) and, knowing I had an unlocked BB thoughtI would have no problem. I have had a problem: Invalid Sim. I think it may be down to occurence on the BB a few days previous in which, while updating programmes via desktop managed on my PC, I pulled the USB out whe I shouldn't have! After half an hour of loading, I came to setup wizzard and had to set up my BB i.e. it reset itself. On and off, instead of Fresh appearing on the screen as the network provider, T Mobile does. So, to confirm, ASDA mobile and Talkmobile both appear as Sim invalid, yet Fresh mobile works.

Sooo, I've been do research to see if my phone has infact relocked itself. Many opinions on these websites suggest a BB is impossible to re-lock itself, even if it was reset. When I go options-->advanced-->sim card-->mepd--> I get this menu:

Title: SIM CARD: Security Disabed

SIM: Disabled
    Network: Active
    Network Subset: Disabled
    Service Provider: Disabled
    Corporate: Disabled

Now, I've read when Network is 'Active' it means it is locked. However, simultaneously I've read when the title says SIM CARD: Security Disabled it can mean it's unlocked.

Opinions would be much appreciated!
    02-03-10 12:37 PM
    Your phone is actually locked. Blackberry's don't 're-lock', so I'm not sure what happened there, but at the moment Network active means locked.

Let us know if you need help getting it unlocked!
    02-03-10 01:10 PM
    Looks like your Blackberry is locked. As stated, Blackberry unlocking is permanent, and never re-locks, unless your phone was haunted by the Blackberry demons

Nevertheless, if you need to unlock it, anyone of us unlockers here can help you do it.
    02-03-10 01:54 PM
    Your phone could have been unlocked by using illegal software which unlocks it via software not by code. That in turn will lock it when you update the OS on the device.
    02-03-10 03:34 PM
    Carrierunlock has solved it! It must have been locked when I updated the OS. Very misleading of the shop who promised to unlock to not tell me this.
    02-03-10 03:58 PM
    Well we try.
    02-03-10 04:00 PM
    I agree! At least the problem was found.
    02-04-10 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD