Alright,
    So I'm sure you guys hear this all the time but I'm hoping that's a good thing and maybe someone will be able to help or at least steer me in the right direction.

A friend of mine called me today with an issue regarding carrier switching.
    She wants to go from TMobile to AT&T. As you probably know (and I do now as well from hours of research) this requires an unlock code.

She simply doesn't have the money to pay for an overpriced unlock code.

Does anyone know of a FREE way to unlock her phone? Or have a link to point me somewhere that does?

I'm currently reading about MFI Multiloader but I'm not sure if it's going to work. If I can't find a way on here I'll give it a shot. I just thought I'd start off by asking the people who know BlackBerrys.

Any ideas?? (Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!)

Thanks everyone!
    01-26-10 02:08 PM
    Only one who will give out a free unlock code is the carrier.
    01-27-10 06:35 PM
    You can try to use MFI, but people have bricked their phones in the past using that..so beware.

Also, I have to say that there are alot of us reputable 3rd party unlockers that unlock phones for pretty cheap. Its not the $40 that it used to cost, or still costs in stores. Check out some of our websites and compare the pricing
    01-30-10 11:33 AM
    Alright,
    So I'm sure you guys hear this all the time but I'm hoping that's a good thing and maybe someone will be able to help or at least steer me in the right direction.

A friend of mine called me today with an issue regarding carrier switching.
    She wants to go from TMobile to AT&T. As you probably know (and I do now as well from hours of research) this requires an unlock code.

She simply doesn't have the money to pay for an overpriced unlock code.

Does anyone know of a FREE way to unlock her phone? Or have a link to point me somewhere that does?

I'm currently reading about MFI Multiloader but I'm not sure if it's going to work. If I can't find a way on here I'll give it a shot. I just thought I'd start off by asking the people who know BlackBerrys.

Any ideas?? (Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!)

Thanks everyone!
    We don't suggest you play with that software as it can get frustrating and you might brick your phone as Remoteunlocker said.

Let any one of us know if you still need to unlock your phone, we can give you a good deal
    01-30-10 12:02 PM
    T-moblie will give you the code for free, if you have been a customer for 90 days or more and have a good standing account
    02-05-10 02:35 PM
    Most US carriers will give it free if you fulfill their criteria..give them a try..otherwise you can try any of us reliable unlockers!
    02-05-10 09:04 PM
    T-moblie will give you the code for free, if you have been a customer for 90 days or more and have a good standing account
    That's true, that's why we always recommend you call your carrier first before using 3rd party unlockers.
    02-06-10 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD