01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I have bought the Curve from Vodafone but I'm trying to use it with the SIM card from another carrier? actually I can phone, send sms, but nor web navigation, or MMS. I can receive e-mails but no sending out. Does anybody know if I can do anything to make it work? TX
    Make sure you have a Blackberry Data Plan from your carrier and that your phone has been activated using your Pin number.
    12-14-07 06:48 AM
    Has anyone tried this ebay item or have any comments about it?

BLACKBERRY UNLOCK CODE-CINGULAR AT&T PEARL 8100 8300
    Ebay Item number: 310007418733
    12-14-07 09:48 AM
    I am a bit worried. My aunt bought an 8320 in ebay as a Xmas gift for me, as per checking, the phone is locked to T-Mobile. Will it work if I use it here in Manila? I have read that even after unlocking, it won't work on some units. Hope someone can clarify. If you know someone who knows how to generate REAL & RELIABLE unlock code, do send me a private message. Thank you. I'll be posting again once the unit arrives, but I am gonna be checking this thread from time to time.
    12-14-07 10:07 AM
    I'm sorry, I feel really dumb asking since it's been reiterated many times, but I just want to make sure.

I have purchased a Blackberry Curve 8310 from AT&T. If I purchase an unlock code for it to work with T-Mobile, will I still have access to ALL of the programs/menus/etc, or do I HAVE to have an AT&T sim card for everything to register?

And if I decide to call to get the unlock code, do I call my provider (T-Mobile) or do I call AT&T since that's the carrier?

I appreciate any and all your help! Thanks!
    12-15-07 01:56 PM
    Has anyone tried this ebay item or have any comments about it?

BLACKBERRY UNLOCK CODE-CINGULAR AT&T PEARL 8100 8300
    Ebay Item number: 310007418733
    Just call your provider (whichever carrier you use..Cingular..T-mobile..etc), tell them you'll be travelling to Europe, and would like an unlock code for your phone to use other sim cards.

For Cingular/AT&T users here's the number to call, have your IMEI number ready, as well as the accountholder's name and last 4 digits of the social.

+1 916-843-4685

AND THEY GIVE YOU THE UNLOCK CODE FREE
    12-15-07 06:34 PM
    Type in your subsidary code...and the pop-up will appear saying "Code Accepted". You can tell your unlock was a success if the Security setting at the top of the SIM card page says "Security Disabled".

So if it says "Security Disabled" it's unlocked? No need to get a code? Think I am missing something because my 8320 says "Security Disabled" but does not recognize a different sim (Invalid SIM). Is there a definitive way to tell if the phone is actually "Locked" or "Unlocked" without putting in a different SIM?

Last edited by m8trix; 12-16-07 at 12:47 PM. Reason: typo
    12-16-07 09:56 AM
    Just call your provider (whichever carrier you use..Cingular..T-mobile..etc), tell them you'll be travelling to Europe, and would like an unlock code for your phone to use other sim cards.

For Cingular/AT&T users here's the number to call, have your IMEI number ready, as well as the accountholder's name and last 4 digits of the social.

+1 916-843-4685

AND THEY GIVE YOU THE UNLOCK CODE FREE
    I confirm that this really works. I just called this 916 number ten minutes ago and got my 8300 unlocked in under five (5) minutes. And yes, it's free, and it's the AT&T International Customer Service group.

Lessons learnt: Don't bother calling the regular customer service line number (611 or the toll-free) - not only did the CSR there try very hard to dissuade me from unlocking my phone, he told me that 'permission' to start the unlock process took between 3 to 5 business days to approve... then he put me on hold for 40 minutes when I asked for a supervisor... and when the unlock code and instructions were emailed to me the next day (hello?!), both the unlock code and the IMEI were wrong.

Thanks, Tofu - and happy holidays, everyone!
    12-22-07 01:16 PM
    I have a code and all but after doing all the mepd and mep2 it doesn't ask for my code.

Although my dad said he already unlocked it for me.. but my Nextel SIM doesn't work. Well it does read the sim and shows me what my phone number is I just don't get any service.
    And when I search for networks the only one listed is AT&T. It doesn't find any others even with my Nextel SIM in it.

help?
    12-22-07 08:27 PM
    I bought BB curve at Hong Kong with CSL applications. And I'm not using CSL provider and not stay in HK. How to re-registered or unlock BB? help?
    12-23-07 01:33 PM
    I bought BB curve at Hong Kong and have CSL applications. I'm not a user of CSL provider and not stay in HK. I can't set up email. I would get unlock code and could create email. anyone can help me? I appreciate. Help me.
    12-23-07 01:44 PM
    What's the mep code (ten digits)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 03:05 AM
    Ah! Can I call a number for t-mobile to have them give me the unlock code?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-07 03:09 AM
    Hello Everyone
    I just called Cingular ( AT&T) INTERNATIONAL DEPT @ 916-843-4685 AND here is what i have done to unlock my phone:
    • Make sure not to remove your SIM card
    • TURN OFF THE WIRLESS OPTION

1 - On the Home screen, click the Tools icon. The Options screen appears.
    2 - In the tools screen, select the Settings icon.
    3 - Scroll to SIM Card and select it. You should see the phone number and the SIM ID number.
    4 - Type mepd to display the first five levels of SIM locking.

5 - Type mep2′ to display the dialog box asking for the unlock code (Press the Alt + 2 key to get the number 2)
    6 - Input the Network Unlock code(3687448853134703)
    7 - Press ENTER and reboot handheld.
    YOUR BLACKBERRY SHOLUD BE UNLOCKED (ATLEAST IT WORKED FOR ME)
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THAT WAS ANY HELP FOR YOU
    12-26-07 12:33 AM
    I would like to thank you for those directions and phone number... she was a lot nicer (then calling 611) and just gave me the code without a fight! (possibly because I've had an account with them for some years and told her I was going to travel to England and already have a pre-paid card, which is true)

But each code is personalized to the IMEI number so your code it only going to work with your phone.
    12-26-07 04:06 PM
    hey im a new user for the bb curve and so far i love it, im going back to med school in the caribbean and i would like to have my phone unlocked, how would i go about getting an unlock code or unlocking it myself?
    12-26-07 07:06 PM
    honey, scroll back a page or 10 on this thread and read!
    12-27-07 10:35 AM
  17. allen@cyfordtechnologies.com's Avatar
    with t-moble they have a voice/ip plan when using the curve. is it possible to change my phone from using t-moble voip into using vonage or something eles?
    12-27-07 01:47 PM
    hello i live in argentina and i have a 8300 smartphone and i dont know how to unlock the phone . someone help me please i wanna thanks
    12-28-07 10:11 AM
    oh sorry in case of help me my mail is marianomagnani@hotmail.com thanks
    12-28-07 10:14 AM
    I typed in MEPD then MEP2 and a box comes up "Enter Network MEP code(10) left. What is my MEP code?
    12-28-07 10:36 AM
    puedes leer en ingles? Llama tu compania celular o consigue un negocio por el internet que te lo haga por un precio.

Reaper: That's the unlock code and the phone will only give you so many tries to input the correct number. This is a lot how banks or emails will give you so many tries before locking the acct altogether.
    12-28-07 10:37 AM
    Exactly how do people come up with these unlock codes anyways? You can get them from carriers...but it seems also from other companies. where should i get mine from? i'd be interested in unlocking my curve
    12-28-07 11:24 AM
    any one can help me to find the place to buy the unlock code of my blackberry 8300 with the strange imei 0044............ for using in vietnam
    12-28-07 09:04 PM
    i bought a T-Mobile BB 8320 and its IMEI # is 0044.... can some one tell me what is special about 0044.... some say it is proto some other say it is UK T-Mobile i need to know the real story about 0044.... please. can this be unlocked?
    12-29-07 11:48 AM
    I typed in MEPD then MEP2 and a box comes up "Enter Network MEP code(10) left. What is my MEP code?
    The MEP code is the unlock code. Call the number I posted on the page before this to get it.
    01-01-08 06:28 PM
1,410 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD