01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 4748495051 ...
tools
    Okay, I missed it. How / where do you get the code?? Thanks, a new blackberry owner.
    09-13-09 06:59 PM
    How did you get the unlock code from AT&T? Thanks.
    09-13-09 07:01 PM
    I have a question about unlocking a phone...

I bought my phone from AT&T, I'm on AT&T and I don't plan on leaving AT&T. Nor do I plan on any roaming or going anywhere that I couldn't get or use AT&T. Would there be any benefit in me unlocking my phone?
    09-14-09 02:53 AM
    If you decide to sell your phone, unlocking it will make it worth more $$$.
    09-14-09 02:18 PM
    I unlocked a 8320 for T-Mobile. I tried to make a call and I just get the call failed. Then the bars go down to the SOS symbol...any help?

I put the code in and it said it was accepted and the Invalid Sim went away.
    09-14-09 05:53 PM
    i have an unlocked tmobile 8320 that i am using on the at&t network. a friend of mine called tmobile and got the unlock code and did it for me. it works perfectly.
    09-14-09 07:35 PM
    If you decide to sell your phone, unlocking it will make it worth more $$$.
    I don't plan on doing that, though. Is that the only reason?
    09-15-09 01:29 AM
    If you go through the steps of getting Tmobile to get you free code and it works..great!

If not, then there are far cheaper options out there
    09-15-09 06:55 PM
    i bought a curve 8320 off ebay locked to Orange UK a couple weeks back and today i bougght an unlock code off ebay as well, followed all the procedures and it plainly failed. i emailed the seller, who sent me another code in 2 minutes, went through the process again and it failed again. i tried it 5 times already and no dice - it just keeps giving the message: "MEP code error; please wait..."
    the guy says he'll refund me but what i really need is the damn thing unlocked!

can anybody help me?
    09-18-09 05:12 PM
    Being new to this I have a "dumb" question..What is the whole reason for unlocking my phone? Please dont laugh too hard
    09-18-09 08:03 PM
    so you can use it for other carriers. Not 100% sure if it works for CDMA, like Sprint/Verizon but it works for GSM users like T-Mobile and ATT.
    09-18-09 08:06 PM
    Understood Thanks justavillain
    09-19-09 06:42 PM
    so you can use it for other carriers. Not 100% sure if it works for CDMA, like Sprint/Verizon but it works for GSM users like T-Mobile and ATT.
    UNLOCK GSM FOR GSM AND CDMA FOR CDMA........UNLESS YOU HAVE A STORM OR TOUR WHICH WILL WORK ON BOTH GSM AND CDMA
    09-21-09 01:23 PM
    help me to unlock my blackberry 8350i sim card keep reading un non number
    09-22-09 02:47 PM
    I have read all the replies about unlocking my blackberry, and I don't have a sim card with my BB curve 8330 from Alltel.... what should I do to get my BB unlocked?
    09-23-09 12:03 AM
    I have a nextel bb curve 8350i w boost I need to know how to reply to messages it says that no mms service is record when I try to reply
    09-26-09 11:34 AM
    What does unlocking a phone actually do for you? I'm on Verizon and I think I want to unlock it but not sure why?? Thanks for any feedback!
    09-26-09 08:05 PM
    Djjaz..firstly I love your enthusiasm for unlocking your phone! Especially when you don't know what it does lol

Unlocking your phone allows you to use your phone on other networks. In your case, unless you have a storm thats locked to verizon, you won't be able to unlock any other phone for this purpose, as the rest of them don't have the capability of using a simcard (off the top of my head atleast)

The second reason to unlock your phone would be to increase resale value.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-26-09 08:10 PM
    the Storm and Tour are it I believe for Verizon.

If its a CDMA phone generally there is no need/way to unlock it.
    09-26-09 08:14 PM
    I have an 8330. Thanks so much for the info!
    09-26-09 11:51 PM
    Djjaz..firstly I love your enthusiasm for unlocking your phone! Especially when you don't know what it does lol

Unlocking your phone allows you to use your phone on other networks. In your case, unless you have a storm thats locked to verizon, you won't be able to unlock any other phone for this purpose, as the rest of them don't have the capability of using a simcard (off the top of my head atleast)

The second reason to unlock your phone would be to increase resale value.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

I recently purchased a AT&T branded Curve 8310 unlocked to use on the Rogers service plan but now I can not use my data plan. Someone said that I needed to download service books in order to use my data plan. Does anyone know how to do this and I do not have any software for this phone either. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    09-28-09 10:35 AM
    Do you currently have a data plan on your Rogers account? Have you tried to sign into your bis account at bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=rogers ? What happens? Does voice work with Rogers?

Answer these questions and I can guide you further. You may have 1 of 2 issues: your phone is locked to ATT, or your pin is locked to ATT..for your sake, lets hope its the first one

09-28-09 02:55 PM
    I do have a data plan with rogers. Now when I went online on Blackberry and signed up my email it would not allow me to sign up my email address with rogers as it stated that my IMEI and pin number did not work but when I went through with AT&T email sign up online through blackberry it went through with at&t but the email did not appear on my blackberry. I am able to text message and recive and dial voice calls. I can not access BBM as when I check my host Routing Table my blackberry will not register on the server and therefore its not connecting to rogers. On my phone it shows that I am with the Rogers network. I tried getting onto the internet and it works fine. Trying to add contacts to my BBM and getting my email started does not work. I think that the pin is locked to AT&T.
    09-28-09 07:02 PM
    When you log into the att bis, does it allow you to send the service books to your phone? Or am I misunderstanding you and you just tried to sign into the att bis but didnt follow through because you didnt have an account?

I think your pin is definately still locked to ATT, in which case your only option is to call the guy you bought the phone from. They wont release it otherwise

09-28-09 07:07 PM
    how do i get mms on my sprint 8330
    09-28-09 09:30 PM
1,410 ... 4748495051 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD