01-14-10 08:17 PM
1,410 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Hi my mom got a blackberry in miami and the man who sold it to her said it was already unlocked the problem is that we dont live in the united states im from venezuela and the pin of my blackberry doesnt seem to work here appearently it's locked and i HAVE NO idea! how to unlocked this...
    i've tried to do everything but still doesnt work...
    do you have any idea how can i unlocked it??????
    07-04-09 04:34 PM
    Thank You for this!
    07-04-09 05:28 PM
    Follow the script.They will ask for a phone number, give them one.

They will unlock it for you, regardless of customer status.

You owe T-mo nothing, there is no lawful reason for them to keep it locked.

Press the issue even if it means talking to managers and their managers.

ABOVE ALL, no way pay anyone or any service. They're selling you something thats totally free and they troll these forums for business.
    Ok so i just got the phone this morning and decided I`d call, not remembering its independence day, silly me.

However, I got no answer and becuase they were closed and i felt bummed out. So i went to the t-mobile website and tried online help but the rep seemed like he was helping then he said i`d need a verified t-mobile account or have proof of purchase for the phone at full price. in other words, he told me no can do ;-(

I guess i`m gonna try calling tomorrow tho and see if my luck increases over the phone. I swear i`m on the verge of just paying for an unlock service coz i think i saw one on ebay for $3.88. the only problem is, all unlockers on ebay say they have to mail the code to me and they can`t do email after i pay. That sucks and i can`t deal with snail mail in this modern time.
    07-04-09 05:40 PM
    Here i am again and after weighing all my options, i figured its the holiday (no T-Mobile reps available), i might wait a whole day and they do nothing for me tomorrow (just like the girl on the web chat today), so why not check out the paid services on the web which are more convenient.

Now i can inform you i paid US$3.88 and my phone is was unlocked in literally the click of a button. e-bay to the flipping world mi seh. :-)
    07-04-09 06:51 PM
    The unlock services fail too. I paid 4 services to unlock my 8310.

ALL FAILED!!! Every single one.

Then I called the provider. BINGO!!! FREE!!!! No charge what-so-ever.

DONE!!!!

Ok so i just got the phone this morning and decided I`d call, not remembering its independence day, silly me.

However, I got no answer and becuase they were closed and i felt bummed out. So i went to the t-mobile website and tried online help but the rep seemed like he was helping then he said i`d need a verified t-mobile account or have proof of purchase for the phone at full price. in other words, he told me no can do ;-(

I guess i`m gonna try calling tomorrow tho and see if my luck increases over the phone. I swear i`m on the verge of just paying for an unlock service coz i think i saw one on ebay for $3.88. the only problem is, all unlockers on ebay say they have to mail the code to me and they can`t do email after i pay. That sucks and i can`t deal with snail mail in this modern time.
    07-04-09 08:58 PM
    so i just got a curve that it locked to t mobile. can i still ask cingular for the code or is that a no?
    07-07-09 04:47 AM
    so i just got a curve that it locked to t mobile. can i still ask cingular for the code or is that a no?
    Negative!!! You ask T mo.
    07-07-09 09:59 PM
    I had put the wrong password on my blackberry and ran out of attemps and now I'm unable to make or receive calls, at the top right of my blackberry it says SOS with an upside down triangle. I also haven't been able to text message anyone although I'm able to receive texts. I'm able to go on my phone and do pretty much anything except basically what I've mention...oh I'm also unable to use the internet as well. Can someone please help me and guide my through what I have to do to unlock my phone please and thank-you.
    07-08-09 06:54 AM
    If you max out the unlock codes will it block your phone even on the network its locked to?
    07-09-09 04:22 AM
    My unlock codes haven't worked but I wasn't instructed to turn off the radio/wireless - how do I do that?! Thanks
    07-09-09 04:31 AM
    Hi Beba, I live in Vzla as well and I am living your same situation. Did you ever find out how to retrieve an appropriate code for your curve?
    07-09-09 04:52 AM
    how do i unlock my bb 8310
    07-09-09 02:42 PM
    Call the carrier.ITs Free!
    07-09-09 04:26 PM
    I'm sorry if im behind on these posts but I'm deploying overseas SOON and I just bought a BB Storm 9530. I have the IMEI code, the MEP code(from which I purchased online) and I can't enter it into my phone... I've taken all the steps outlined in these forums but i can't get the prompt to enter my MEP code to come up... I have an ATT active SIM card in it, i've even switched the SIM cards to see if it would work... nothing.

I enter "MEPD" and the menu comes up behind the keyboard the I enter "MEP2" and nothing happens...???? PLEASE someone help me, I'm leaving real soon. thank you.

11Bravo Airborne Infantry "FOLLOW ME"
    07-09-09 08:33 PM
    Yup, I'm an *****... I just read through some other forums and found that my phone IS in fact unlocked... I really am going to Iraq though and wonder how well it works
    07-09-09 08:54 PM
    Yup, I'm an *****... I just read through some other forums and found that my phone IS in fact unlocked... I really am going to Iraq though and wonder how well it works
    Cheers,Good luck, and thanks for your service!!!

ap
    07-09-09 09:04 PM
    OK can some one tell me how to unlock a Verizon curve(no SIM)
    07-13-09 11:08 AM
    Hi,
    This has nothing to do with this but if I get a unlocked blackberry curve and use it with at&t prepaid sim card will I have any problems with text messaging.
    07-15-09 11:08 PM
    I have a Sprint BB Curve 8330 Red. I want to go to VZW but am not willing to pay for another BB of the same kind IF I can help it. How can I unlock both mine and my wife's to move it to another CDMA network. At what point should I unlock before, during or after port out/in.

--Andrew
    07-16-09 08:35 PM
    I have a Sprint BB Curve 8330 Red. I want to go to VZW but am not willing to pay for another BB of the same kind IF I can help it. How can I unlock both mine and my wife's to move it to another CDMA network. At what point should I unlock before, during or after port out/in.

--Andrew

just call your carrier and ask for the code.
    before unlocking, TURN YOUR RADIO OFF.
    btw, on a curve, its options -> advanced options -> SIM card -> alt+mepd (nothing visible happens) -> mep2 (enter unlock code dialog comes up)
    then after the code is entered, it should say code accepted.

hope this helps.
    07-17-09 08:09 PM
    I called Sprint four times and they will NOT send me a unlock code...Am i suppose to call verizon? Once its unlocked will it work on any CDMA network i come along or just Verizon? I dont have alot of time to be reading all the back pages so sorry if these have been answerd already...
    07-19-09 10:45 AM
    I used another service, but I was told they use the same data base.
    Does anyone know if the curve with virgin mobile can be unlocked???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-09 12:46 PM
    ****FOUND THE ISSUE - AT&T CSRs Weren't verifying the entire IMEI and in turn giving me a bad unlock code - training issue much?****

Hi all - I have the unlock code for my AT&T Curve 8310. I am puting it on T-Mobile. I have followed all instructions to unlock including using the correct SIM when attempting unlock. When I get to the MEP Code entry I enter my unlock code and get the following:

"Code Error; Please Wait..."

This stays on the screen in a pop up window for about 5 seconds and then disappears, taking me right back to the MEP2 screen. I have verified the unlock and IMEI with AT&T 4 times - I have 6 tries left on the BlackBerry before it becomes a paperweight.

Does anyone know why I would be getting this error? AT&T and T-Mobile don't.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by Ambersand; 07-21-09 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Figured out the problem...
    07-20-09 08:51 PM
    Each blackberry has a unique unlock code that the carrier (Verizon in this case) and the manufacturer (RIM) have access to. The SIM card does not have this information. Email or PM for help getting your phones code.
    Hi, I have an Alltel BB8330 I got from my mom who disconnected her service with them. I have Verizon service and want to use the BB phone with Verizon. I get a different answer every time I call Verizon. I think what I need is the Verizon codes to put in the programming menu. Do you have the codes by chance? ahogan at hargray dot com.
    07-21-09 01:15 PM
    Hi can some one tell me were i can get an free unlock code thats not by calling my provider for a T-Mobile 8100 please
    Last edited by alg1; 07-21-09 at 02:28 PM.
    07-21-09 02:25 PM
1,410 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD