01-14-10 09:17 PM
1,410 ... 3940414243 ...
tools
    Yep... super easy.
    03-28-09 05:31 PM
    Going to try and unlock my new curve.Friend gave it to me,called AT&T and asked for the unlock code but the operator said only the account holder can do it for him.So I will give it a shot myself.
    03-30-09 07:38 PM
    Hey, this worked! THANKS!!!! All this time I thought I had to type in "MEPD", so I typed in "MEPE" and it finally worked. Again, Thanks a bunch!!!
    Glad it worked for you!!

Ciao Bella!!

anthony
    03-30-09 08:47 PM
    just called ATT from friend iphone and after 20 long minutes got the unlock code for the BB over the phone..

new curve owner brahhhhhhhhh...I owe my friend for giving me his perfect condition phone lol.
    03-31-09 04:03 PM
    Ok this all seem good but I'm on a vzw 8330 and well under andvance options the is no sim option the options are as follows application, browser, browser push, default service, gps, host routing tables, maps and service book I don't really need to unlock I was just seeing if I could

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 12:01 PM
    Good day all, I'm new to crackberry. And I must say I'm impressed. I have a question< Is their a download for a different media player for the curve (8330) or are we stuck with the standard one that comes with the phone? I wouldn't even mind a download that would improve the media player that comes with the phone. Thanks for your time and patience>
    04-02-09 05:55 PM
    ok i unlocked my 8320 that i used to use with t-mobile. i'm now using it with att.

i don't believe i have a data plan (im on somebody's account so im not sure) but somehow im able to use the default browser for internet. is that normal?

and none of the apps that require data i.e. - jivetalk, google maps seem to be working so i don't get it. maybe they need to be reconfigured/reinstalled since im on a new provider?

how am i able to use the browser in the first place?
    04-02-09 11:53 PM
    I don't have a data plan,never did,ever.

I surf free at any hotspot thats not locked down, and all starbucks.

My bill for voice/text is about $6.00 month.

ok i unlocked my 8320 that i used to use with t-mobile. i'm now using it with att.

i don't believe i have a data plan (im on somebody's account so im not sure) but somehow im able to use the default browser for internet. is that normal?

and none of the apps that require data i.e. - jivetalk, google maps seem to be working so i don't get it. maybe they need to be reconfigured/reinstalled since im on a new provider?

how am i able to use the browser in the first place?
    04-03-09 06:31 AM
    What if your phone does not run on a sim card?
    04-03-09 10:45 PM
    What if your phone does not run on a sim card?

Unlocking wouldn't apply.
    04-04-09 01:42 AM
    Ok for all us new Curve owners/users, what exactly happens when you unlock your phone? I mean, what are the benefits to doing this? Please remember I'm brand new and just trying to learn something from you pros! :-) Thanks, Lauren
    04-05-09 07:50 AM
    I used cellunlock.net it cost me $25.00 USD to unlock my TMO 8320 Curve. It worked very well and they had the code for me within 2-3 days. Also used them for a friend and their TMO 8320 Curve and it worked just as well. They now use the phone with their AT&T Service.
    04-09-09 09:40 PM
    Didn't have to, they will unlock your phone for free, simply by asking.

Total waste of money.
    04-10-09 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info
    04-10-09 09:03 PM
    $25 to unlock a $500 phone seems pretty reasonable to me...and to the many people that enjoy using their unlocked phones...I agree the providers should not be allowed to lock their phones in the first place.
    i feel that is kind of high. but you arent paying the person who sold you the phone you are paying someone else. i tried to pm you but i just signed up so it wont let me. do you have some sort of access to codes? ;P

i would try to call verizon, but i am angry with them for charging me over $300 per month after they tell me it should be $x and then the next bill comes and its over 300 again. im feeling like this is sparta.

when the recession is over (yeah right) and calls start coming in for employment, then i may try to sign up with another carrier and would like to be able to do so without having to spend some hard mooched cash on it.

to someone laid off with a family of 7, $25 is a small country.
    04-11-09 01:54 AM
    just a quick post after posting then reading the last few posts, im guessing that from one post i read, if i bought my 'berry from verizon, its pretty much verizon only because other carriers use sim cards and verizon uses the cdma thing... so if i read right (about 68 pages worth, skimming through the repetitive questions as much as possible) i cant take this phone anywhere else? and as far as i can tell, i can only use it as a glorified palm type device to sync with my pc (pics, vids, notes, docs, etc) since it doesnt have wifi (i dropped verizon so there is no phone/data plan).
    am i right?
    Last edited by linuxoverwindows; 04-11-09 at 02:36 AM. Reason: to clarify that dropping verizon indicates no plan, not no wifi (8330 has no wifi)
    04-11-09 02:34 AM
    just a quick post after posting then reading the last few posts, im guessing that from one post i read, if i bought my 'berry from verizon, its pretty much verizon only because other carriers use sim cards and verizon uses the cdma thing... so if i read right (about 68 pages worth, skimming through the repetitive questions as much as possible) i cant take this phone anywhere else? and as far as i can tell, i can only use it as a glorified palm type device to sync with my pc (pics, vids, notes, docs, etc) since it doesnt have wifi (i dropped verizon so there is no phone/data plan).
    am i right?
    Correct. There is no unlocking the 8330 and even if you could most CDMA
    carriers will not allow you to bring a phone from another carrier to their network.
    04-11-09 03:54 AM
    If I use my friends at&t sim card to unlock my phone will it mess up her card, I have a curve 8310 and I want to use a t mobile sim
    Last edited by freshest; 04-13-09 at 09:25 PM.
    04-13-09 09:20 PM
    If I use my friends at&t sim card to unlock my phone will it mess up her card, I have a curve 8310 and I want to use a t mobile sim
    I unlocked my 8310 with no sim at all.

Who told you you need a sim in there??
    04-13-09 10:21 PM
    can you tell me how
    04-13-09 11:26 PM
    For unlocking the BlackBerry Curve you need to enter the manufacturer authorization subsidy code that send to you by the company. There is no need to install any software or upgrade your handsets software.
    04-14-09 06:19 AM
    Try this

Blackberry Curve

Unlocking can be done without SIM card inserted

1. Turn wireless mode off
    2. While on the home screen click the "Settings" icon
    3. Go to "Options" menu and select "Advanced options"
    4. Select "SIM card"
    5. Hold the ALT key while typing MEPE. You will not see text appear on screen while typing
    6. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code"
    7. Enter supplied unlock code
    8. After entering the code press the trackball once
    9. Your phone is unlocked
    04-14-09 06:41 PM
    yeah im new to this but it says enter a mep number (255 left) is that the code?
    04-14-09 07:50 PM
    yeah im new to this but it says enter a mep number (255 left) is that the code?
    Yes, MEP number = unlock code
    04-16-09 12:13 AM
    I need one. Please PM me. Thanks and have a great day!
    04-17-09 11:40 AM
1,410 ... 3940414243 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD