01-14-10 09:17 PM
1,410 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    uhhhhhhhhhhh i called again today i told the lady i am traveling overseas and would like to unlock my phone and she said i had to have an account for 90days which i do and i have to have the international service. then i told her that by law they are required to give me the code and she flat out said there is no law like that. i told her the digital millennium copy right act and she was like nope, i got so mad that i just was like oh ok thanks anyway. can someone verify that the copyright act does require them to give me the unlock code
    Don't think that law covers it. Is it ATT who locked it?

They are the easiest to get the code from.

You need to escalate that call. Her manager, then their manager.
    11-21-08 06:03 PM
    yeah ATT locked it i got that law form earlier in the post and i tried looking it up and it's very confusing but im new at this and when i escalate do i say the same thing about traveling to Europe to the manager?
    11-21-08 09:44 PM
    yeah ATT locked it i got that law form earlier in the post and i tried looking it up and it's very confusing but im new at this and when i escalate do i say the same thing about traveling to Europe to the manager?
    Yep, this time get the name of every person you talk to BEFORE the conversation starts.

Watch how suddenly things change.
    11-21-08 10:20 PM
    thanks it worked but i have a couple of questions the woman gave me the code and told me to enter it as soon as i get to europe and it will work but i entered it after i got off the phone with her and it said code excepted or something like that does this mean the phone is unlocked now? i dont have another sim to test it with
    11-22-08 12:49 PM
    thanks it worked but i have a couple of questions the woman gave me the code and told me to enter it as soon as i get to europe and it will work but i entered it after i got off the phone with her and it said code excepted or something like that does this mean the phone is unlocked now? i dont have another sim to test it with
    Yes, read here and in the thread linked below, where you can see"network disabled" message. That means its unlocked.
    11-22-08 12:52 PM
    thanks so much for everything! i went to the link and was able to see that the network was disabled so my phone is unlocked now
    11-22-08 01:18 PM
    If you need the unlock code. I called AT&T and they gave me the unlock code over the phone. You just need to give them your IMEI. Also it may help for you to have the excuse that you're an international traveler. I have an international travel package. Its cheap like 5 bucks a month. Just thought I'd let people know they don't have to have the software to unlock it.

I purchased an AT&T 8300 and went to GSM PhoneSource.com for the unlock code. He charges $19 USD and has the unlock code to you in a matter of hours. I have used his service on several occassions and he is very trustworthy and reliable.

When I received my unlock code, I powered up the Curve with NO SIM installed.

Cingular / AT&T Curve, 8300, 8800

Can be done without a sim card inserted

1. go to settings

2 go to options

3. go to advanced options

4. go to sim card

5. Hold the ALT Key while typing in MEPE ( not case sensitive ) ( you will not see text appear on screen while typing )

6. It will say "Enter Network MEP Code, then you type in the unlock code, press in the trackball to confirm

7. Your phone is now unlocked

Hope this helps
    12-03-08 10:07 AM
    With T-mobile, you can call and get your unlock code for free, im traveling to italy with my girlfriend did the trick for me. 24 hrs later, i got the email with my code and these instructions.

1. Press the Menu key.
    2. Scroll to and select Manage Connections.
    3. Select Turn All Connections Off.
    4. Press the red end key or the Escape key to go back to the Home screen
    5. Scroll to and select the Options icon.
    6. Scroll to and select Advanced Options.
    7. Scroll to and select SIM Card.
    8. Type MEPD
    Note: When typing in MEPD the letters will not appear on the screen. This step opens up the personalization on the device.
    9. Hold down the Alt key and type in MEP2.
    Note: When typing in MEP2 the letters/number will not appear on the screen. This Step opens up the Enter Network MEP code box.
    10. Enter the unlock code.
    11. Press the trackball (code accepted should display)
    12. Press and hold the red End key to turn the handheld off and then back on.
    13. Once the device has powered on, follow steps 1 & 2 and select Restore Connections.
    12-09-08 05:58 PM
    how do you change from T-mobile to ATT??
    please answer ASAP!
    12-10-08 06:13 PM
    is there a different unlock code for every phone?
    12-10-08 06:15 PM
    is there a different unlock code for every phone?
    Yes. Every unlock code is generated using the IMEI, which is also unique to
    every phone.
    12-10-08 06:20 PM
    Options - Advanced Options - Sim Card - type MEPD then MEP2

and hey presto.
    Hi man, I'm followed this path but got blocked when the phone asks me for the Network MEP code. Do u know what it is??
    12-11-08 11:16 AM
    where are the mep codes. you make it sound so simple til i hit the mep code wall. gotta buy them i bet. thats garbage
    12-11-08 07:25 PM
    where are the mep codes. you make it sound so simple til i hit the mep code wall. gotta buy them i bet. thats garbage
    If you had spent a modest amount of time reading this thread you would
    know you don't have to buy anything. JUST CALL YOUR CARRIER AND ASK FOR
    THE UNLOCK CODE
    12-12-08 06:46 AM
    Trying to unlock my 8310 it is a Etisalat BB from UAE. I tried to get Etisalat to unlock it and they gave me this

Dear Valued Etisalat Customer,
    Thank you for emailing Etisalat Customer Care Centre.

In reference with your inquiry to unblock the Etisalat Blackberry Device
    8310, we regret to inform you that the Etisalat Blackberry Device is SIM
    locked to be used only with an Etisalat Sim.

Etisalat does not provide any unblocking codes.

We apologize for the inconvenience faced by you.

For further any queries, please contact us by email or call on 101
    anytime at your convenience 24 hours.

Best Regards,

Etisalat, Customer Care Centre

Tel ( locally) : 101
    Tel ( Internationally) : + 971- 4004- 101
    Fax ( locally ) :105 or 067144096
    Fax (Internationally) : 009714004105

Serving you 24 hours, 7 days a week

Is this true or can I get it unlocked some where else?
    I tried one of the ebay unlocks but no joy there.
    my IMEI number is 354005026753955
    can any one help?
    TIA
    Jim
    12-13-08 12:03 PM
    Trying to unlock my 8310 it is a Etisalat BB from UAE. I tried to get Etisalat to unlock it and they gave me this

Dear Valued Etisalat Customer,
    Thank you for emailing Etisalat Customer Care Centre.

In reference with your inquiry to unblock the Etisalat Blackberry Device
    8310, we regret to inform you that the Etisalat Blackberry Device is SIM
    locked to be used only with an Etisalat Sim.

Etisalat does not provide any unblocking codes.

We apologize for the inconvenience faced by you.

For further any queries, please contact us by email or call on 101
    anytime at your convenience 24 hours.

Best Regards,

Etisalat, Customer Care Centre

Tel ( locally) : 101
    Tel ( Internationally) : + 971- 4004- 101
    Fax ( locally ) :105 or 067144096
    Fax (Internationally) : 009714004105

Serving you 24 hours, 7 days a week

Is this true or can I get it unlocked some where else?
    I tried one of the ebay unlocks but no joy there.
    my IMEI number is 354005026753955
    can any one help?
    TIA
    Jim
    From what I understand the law in the United States is that carriers have to provide an unlock code to customers who request them. Some have a few restrictions, but if you meet the requirements they have to give it to you.

Seeing as how you are trying to get a phone unlocked that is from a carrier outside the United States, the laws may be different.

All GSM phones can be unlocked however, you may have to pay to have yours unlocked. Try GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do as suggested above, they seem to have a good track record.
    12-13-08 01:49 PM
    youtube.com/watch?v=2Zbz-LxrsnQ&NR=1]]

YouTube - How to Unlock Blackberry Curve - NO CODE NEEDED - FREE
    12-16-08 12:23 AM
    Im in Los Angeles, CA

Called At&t & told them I was planning to travel to Europe and needed to access my email, didnt have to say another word and the CSR gave me the code for the BB I found at a night club.... SWEET!

Thanks for all the help

And for all you guys asking the same tired question, it helps if you take the time to READ!

This topic should ONLY be 3 to 4 pages MAX!
    12-16-08 01:37 PM
    First of all....GREAT SITE. Lots of useful information. I read this thread fully before posting my question...unlike many others

Background: Got a BB Curve from a friend who was incarcerated. Tried to get the unlock code from AT&T but they would not give it to me with the original owners SSN. I decided to use GSM PhoneSource, $14.95 and less than 24 hours later got the code and was able to unlock phone. If you follow instructions, things have a tendency of working out.

Question: Browser Icon is no longer available. I currently do not have a data package with my carrier. Is this why? Once I subscribe to a package will the icon appear automatically or will I have to do something to get it?

**** Update----I found some info in the Storm threads that I believe has answered my questions. I'm pretty sure it will also apply to the Curve. First thing I've got to start with is getting a data plan *****

Thanx for the upcoming info.
    Last edited by DanD2; 12-16-08 at 09:34 PM.
    12-16-08 07:22 PM
    I've called my carrier(t-mobile) months ago and got an 8100 unlocked that I bought a last year. The pearl crapped out and I bought a t-mobile Curve from a friend. Has worked well but I'm not sure if t-mobile will or is obligated to give me the unlock code in this scenario.
    12-18-08 12:31 AM
    I've called my carrier(t-mobile) months ago and got an 8100 unlocked that I bought a last year. The pearl crapped out and I bought a t-mobile Curve from a friend. Has worked well but I'm not sure if t-mobile will or is obligated to give me the unlock code in this scenario.
    They should, worst case, you buy a pp sim and use it for a while before asking.

I only use T-mo sims and eliminated my monthly bill.
    Using sims I average about $6.00 a month.
    You can get them cheaper on ebay.
    12-18-08 06:40 AM
    I bought a verizon curve off of my freind at work. I am a verizon customer but when i called to activate i was told the esn is locked because he owes money on his account and cannot release the phone until paid. Is there anyway around this. Please Help!
    12-19-08 10:38 AM
    I bought a verizon curve off of my freind at work. I am a verizon customer but when i called to activate i was told the esn is locked because he owes money on his account and cannot release the phone until paid. Is there anyway around this. Please Help!
    I dont think so, the acct is flagged till the balance is paid. There was a similar question last night about this. Im sorry
    12-19-08 10:48 AM
    Ok I'm sure this is a stupid question but here goes. I have Alltel service and a BB curve 8330. What are the advantages to unlocking it? Thanks
    12-19-08 02:39 PM
    Read the first 800 posts.
    12-19-08 05:16 PM
1,410 ... 3334353637 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD