01-14-10 09:17 PM
1,410 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    and all my features like my blackberry messenger and my data plan will work on the unlocked phone??
    Read that other thread! All of it.
    10-20-08 10:22 PM
    I just purchased a Curve 8320 locked to Orange Espana. I would like to know if would be possible to send the IMEI to anyone here and unlock the phone through TMobile customer service. I currently live in Portugal and I don't know anyone in that side of the Atlantic...
    Also, if this is not possible, is there any free alternatives?

BR,
    Joel Silva.
    10-21-08 06:27 AM
    I just purchased a Curve 8320 locked to Orange Espana. I would like to know if would be possible to send the IMEI to anyone here and unlock the phone through TMobile customer service. I currently live in Portugal and I don't know anyone in that side of the Atlantic...
    Also, if this is not possible, is there any free alternatives?

BR,
    Joel Silva.
    no its not
    10-21-08 08:00 AM
    I dnt know if my curve is locked but ive been having crazy problems with mine. I can receive text and voicemails but i can not make or recieve calls. What do i do? I get an message saying, "emergency calls only."
    10-21-08 10:53 AM
    i dnt know whats up with my phone but i cant recieve or make calls. i can recieve text and voice mails but i can not actually use the phone for calling! is it blocked?
    10-21-08 10:57 AM
    I notice most people posting in this thread have 1,2,3 posts. So that means they are too lazy too read the first few pages of this thread explaining what to do.
    GSM PhoneSource - When Only The Best Will Do

Go here spend less than $20.00 and unlock your phone!

I paid the fee and had an unlock code in less than 8 hours from these guys. READ the instructions on how to unlock the phone and had it unlocked in a minute! Does not get any simpler than this folks!!
    Last edited by ppfd; 10-22-08 at 07:12 PM.
    10-22-08 04:48 PM
    Hey folks, I'm wondering if I can unlock my 8330 which, to my knowledge, has no SIM card?
    I'm not very knowledgeable about SIM cards so if that was a silly question, please forgive the crackberry.com virgin .
    I am with the Telus network in Atlantic Canada. Can anyone give me a lead?
    Thanks!
    10-22-08 09:18 PM
    @ Lankyfilly: No, it is a CDMA phone and therefore cannot be unlocked.
    10-22-08 10:12 PM
    hello can I use the curve 8330 as a moderm with my laptop?
    10-24-08 08:24 PM
    Hello Murphydawg80, I was just wondering if you could give me some info on how to get a unlock code or the software that distributes them. I have the blackberry curve 8320 on T-mobile, Thank you in advanced any help is greatly appreciated. Heather
    10-25-08 11:59 AM
    Why would I want to unlock my Curve? Is it just to be able to use it with another provider?
    10-25-08 05:51 PM
    Thats exactly why. You tell a little white lie and they unlock your phone for you. Theres several reasons for it:
    -People with a TMO 8320/Different Carrier who want to be able to use WiFi.
    -People with a ATT 8320/Different carrier who want to be able to use GPS.

I actually just unlocked my 8320. Called Tmo and told them that I'm going to europe in 2 days and needed the unlock code so I could use a data plan while I was there. They had my unlock code emailed to me in less than an hour. Worked like a champ.
    10-27-08 12:36 AM
    First, I would like to thank the people on the forum for telling me to call my service provider to unlock the phone. I called T-Mobile and told them I was traveling overseas for business and they said they would email me the unlock code in 24 hours. I read through about 30 pages on here and it seems like a lot of people are still confused. I would like to list a few things I already learned after reading through the forum.

- People unlock their phone to use a different provider (Ex: T-Mobile phone with AT&T service. Etc).
    - Unlocking does not make the phone any better. All it does is lets you use different service providers.
    - It is not against the law to unlock your phone (according to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act), so don't be afraid to call your service provider and request a unlock code. Just tell them you will be traveling overseas and you need the code. From what I know, unlocking your phone is legal in the U.S. Not sure about other countries though.
    Last edited by xyourlocaldjx; 10-27-08 at 01:30 AM.
    10-27-08 01:15 AM
    Ok I have just recently recieved an At&t bb curve and currently have verizon... Is there ANYWAY possible to use my friends AT&T sim card to unlock then use it for VERizon... or Is there no way to do so.
    10-27-08 12:03 PM
    You can't use a sim card for Verizon.
    10-27-08 08:19 PM
    So can you unlock a VZW 8330?
    10-28-08 02:09 PM
    So can you unlock a VZW 8330?
    No. As has been stated numerous times, it is a CDMA phone.
    10-28-08 06:43 PM
    so how do u get the unlock code for the curve?
    10-28-08 07:18 PM
    so how do u get the unlock code for the curve?
    It has been mentioned in many times in the previous 55 pages. Call your carrier.
    10-29-08 12:34 AM
    how do i upgrad my device to 4.5 because it only allows the software on the computer
    10-29-08 12:50 AM
    how do i upgrad my device to 4.5 because it only allows the software on the computer
    This question is completely unrelated to the subject of this thread.
    10-29-08 12:52 AM
    I just figured I'd let you guys know, I just called t-mobile yesterday to get ask for my unlock code for my 8700g. I told them I was going over seas and my phone would be a paperweight unless I could unlock it. The lady said no problem we'll email you in 3-5 days. I got up this morning and they had sent me the code. I just followed their instructions and entered the code. now it is unlocked. Thought this might be a good idea for people wanting to unlock their blackberrys.
    i would like unlock my smart phone , i have a code but i don't where i put this code inside the phone. Could you help me please?
    11-05-08 06:02 PM
    is there some one on line that can help me
    11-05-08 06:05 PM
    is there some one on line that can help me
    Originally posted by TampaDude:

First, turn your wireless connection OFF:
    Go to Manage Connections and select Turn All Connections Off and click the trackball. Exit that screen.

Go to the SIM Card menu:
    Settings > Options > Advanced Options > SIM Card

When you see the SIM Card screen, type in MEPD (not case sensitive).

Type MEP2 (not case sensitive, use ALT-E for the 2). It will ask for your unlock code. Carefully type in your 16-digit unlock code, then click the trackball to enter it. You should see a "Code Accepted" message. If you see that message, then your phone is now unlocked. Network should now show Disabled under the previous screen.

Turn your Wireless connection back ON under Manage Connections.

You're done
    11-05-08 07:55 PM
    I have a Verizon Curve and I don't have a SIM card. How can I get my Curve unlocked?
    11-06-08 04:32 AM
1,410 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD